Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 29 Aug 2018
Position Title : Senior Liaison Policy Officer
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 29 August 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE) and in close coordination with DOE Heads of Divisions, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible and accountable for providing technical guidance and advice to the DOE and the Regional Offices (RO), mainly RO Middle East and North Africa (MENA), and Arabic speaking Country Offices. S/he will also provide Arabic translations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, Law, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
• Diploma and/ or Relevant qualification in official translation.
• Experience in the field of migration issues including operational and field experience, project development and management;
• Experience in translating official documents;
• Expertise in the thematic area relevant to project development;
• Experience liaising with governmental authorities, other national/ international institutions and
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation;
• Knowledge or experience of regional issues an advantage.
Fluency in English, French and Arabic is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 29 August 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 16.08.2018 to 29.08.2018
Requisition: VN 2018/200 (P) – Senior Liaison Policy Officer (P4) – Geneva, Switzerland (55617129) Released
Posting: Posting NC55617134 (55617134) Released
Organization: Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces
Closing date: 02 Sep 2018
Internship – DCAF Latin America and the Caribbean Division (100%)
The Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) is dedicated to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights. DCAF contributes to making peace and development more sustainable by assisting partner states and international actors supporting these states, to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms. It creates innovative knowledge products, promotes norms and good practices, provides legal and policy advice and supports capacity‐building of both state and non‐state security sector stakeholders.
DCAF’s Foundation Council comprises 62 member states, the Canton of Geneva and six permanent observers. Active in over 70 countries, DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world’s leading centres of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR). DCAF is guided by the principles of neutrality, impartiality, local ownership, inclusive participation, and gender equality. For more information please visit www.dcaf.ch
DCAF’s engagement in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) strives to strengthen citizen security and contribute to a democratic, just and violence free society by addressing security sector governance issues in the region in cooperation with governments, parliaments, security sector providers, intergovernmental and civil society organisations. DCAF promotes the application of good governance principles to help reduce institutional weakness and develop effective, efficient and transparent security and justice providers that are properly managed and overseen by the executive and legislative authorities in the region while being fully accountable to their societies.
For our Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Division, we are looking for a motivated individual to be our next:
Intern – Latin America and the Caribbean Unit (100%)
Starting date: 10 September 2018
Duration: 3 month with a chance of extension.
Key areas of operation:
Necessary requirement: EU or Swiss citizen or holder of a valid work permit
How to apply:
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to email@example.com by 2 September 2018 with the subject heading “Intern – LAC Unit”, enclosing:
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
Organization: International Council of Voluntary Agencies
Closing date: 26 Aug 2018
How to apply: