Organization: International Service for Human Rights
Closing date: 06 Apr 2018
The International Service for Human Rights (ISHR), Geneva office is offering an internship with the communications team.
The preferred starting date for the internship would be 7 May 2018.
ISHR is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, etc.
This internship with ISHR offers a unique opportunity for communications students to be involved in and learn about the communications activities of a leading international human rights non-governmental organisation.
The intern will be based at ISHR’s Geneva office and will receive exposure to the international human rights non-governmental community.
To develop the NGO experience of a visual communications student.
The intern will:
· Apply their skills, knowledge and experience in the area of visual communications
· Acquire experience working for an international human rights NGO
· Broaden their professional competencies
The communications team is now offering an internship in which the incumbent will apply and develop a range of visual communications skills through practical exposure to the daily activities of a human rights NGO.
Responsibilities and duties may include:
· Video production, editing, posting
· Event photography, photo editing and publishing
· Website maintenance
· Drafting, editing, publishing online articles on human rights issues
· Production of publications and marketing materials
· Graphic design
· Event planning, coordination and management
· 10-15% of administrative tasks
The applicant will also be required to perform the following:
· Database management
· Administration support to the communications team
· Translation and proofreading (if applicable)
The ideal applicant
To be considered, applicants should be undertaking studies in the field of communication, marketing, graphic design or similar, or have recently completed such studies. They should also possess:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (professional level fluency). French and/or Spanish are an advantage.
· Excellent IT skills including a good command of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
· Good command of InDesign and Photoshop
· Interest in social media
· Excellent social skills and ability to multi-task
· Desire to acquire experience working in a multicultural environment and interest in the work of a human rights NGO
· Full or part-time availability for a period of two to three months
· Swiss or EU citizen/Permit B or C
ISHR welcomes applications from candidates without any or with limited work experience.
This is an unpaid internship. Travel costs, travel arrangements and accommodation are the responsibility of the intern. ISHR covers the cost of the Geneva public transport card, and accident insurance. ISHR also offers a strong professional development and training plan. For more information, please visit our website: www.ishr.ch/internships
How to apply:
Applicants should submit the following by email to email@example.com :
· A cover letter including ideal internship duration and possible start date
· A current CV
· A sample of communications work is also welcomed (graphic design, writing, photography, short video, …)
IMPORTANT: Your email subject should be “GENEVA Visual Communication Internship”. If you use a different subject line, your application may not be considered.
The deadline for application is Friday 6 April 2018, 23:59 pm, Geneva time. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews are expected to take place between 17 and 19 April, 2018.
Organization: Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
Closing date: 04 Mar 2018
We are looking for an organised and bright Membership and Office Management Intern to join the inspiring and challenging work of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) in the Spring/Summer of 2018.
Since our establishment in 1915, we have brought together women from around the world who are united in working for peace by non-violent means. Joining our team will enable you to transfer the skills you have learned in the classroom to a professional environment and bring you in direct contact with a network of inspiring women grassroots activists.
About the Internship
Your internship will be centred around administrative and communications tasks related to our membership, counting both our National Sections and our international members.
As the Membership and Office Management Intern, you will be deeply involved in the day-to-day office management, but also in strengthening our membership and maintaining internal contacts. Your tasks will include the following:
• Assisting with the management of our national and international membership, including liaising with members on a regular basis for collecting information about their activities and updating WILPF Sections profiles accordingly;
• Organising and systematising documents related to the national and the international membership, including updating existing contact database;
• Arranging internal meetings, in particular supporting the preparation of the Executive Committee meetings and International Triennial Congress 2018;
• Providing membership service, hereunder creating WILPF’s membership newsletter and answering emails targeting the membership;
• Supporting the organisation of side events at the United Nations, such as arranging logistics for the events;
• Assisting with the maintenance of our mail boxes, mailing lists, emails and international directory;
• Assisting the International Office Manager in day-to-day administration and finance work.
We encourage you to apply if you have an interest in ICT, digital communication, office administration work, and have a talent for using new platforms and interfaces. You should also be up-to-date with the latest trends, and ideally an excel-ninja. You need to be able to think of structure, design and overall members’ experience while working on your tasks.
The internship will provide you with the opportunity to experience the “behind the scenes” of a grassroots organisation secretariat. It is an advantage if you work systematically and you are good to stay in control in a busy environment with different tasks, opinions and personalities.
We expect you to:
• Have at least a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in communications, business and administration, public administration, information and technology science, library and information science, or related studies with interest in non-profit and grassroots organisations;
• Have strong writing skills, a rigorous attention to detail, and a structured approach to how you solve your tasks;
• Have some experience in the area of administration/event management
• Be interested in learning, or already familiar with, web editing (esp. WordPress);
• Be service minded, but also able to say no and move on with your prioritised tasks;
• Be able to think independently and take responsibility;
• Be fluent in English and with at least work proficiency in French;
• Have advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign is a plus;
• Be interested in WILPF’s values and goals.
The full-time internship will be from beginning of April 2018 to end of September 2018.
You will work closely with our International Office Manager and our Membership Coordinator, who will also be your supervisors.
WILPF is a member of the “We Pay Our Interns” initiative, which means that we pay a gross monthly stipend of 900 CHF.
The full-time internship is based in Geneva, Switzerland.
How to apply:
How to apply
If this sounds interesting, and you wish to get practical experience in a grassroots feminist organisation, then please send a cover letter and your CV to internship (a) wilpf.ch by 4th March 2018 (midnight CET). Please write: “Membership and Office Management Internship Spring/Summer 2018” in the subject field.
We expect to conduct interviews and complete the entire process by end March 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications without cover letter and CV will not be accepted.