Organization: UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Closing date: 31 Mar 2019
The United Kingdom Mission to the United Nations in Geneva represents the interests and policies of the UK at the UN and is recruiting an enthusiastic and motivated team member who can become an integral part of the Corporate Services Team and take on a variety of roles.
The Corporate Services Officer based in the Corporate Services Team will be responsible for delivering diligent administrative support services to enhance customer satisfaction specifically on Protocol and Procurement issues and providing support to incoming and outgoing UK-based staff relocating to or from Geneva.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To become the centre of knowledge on the reciprocal health cover arrangements between the UK and Switzerland. This includes dealing with invoices, seeking reimbursement from our insurance company, creating and maintaining guidance on medical cover and insurance matters for Officers and their dependants;
- Be familiar with Foreign and Commonwealth health policies in order to advise Officers and their families;
- Update and maintain the Mission agreed medical supplier list to reduce bureaucracy and delays in procurements;
- Work to streamline and develop Terms of Reference for support systems which help our staff, such as how to claim medical expenses locally.
- Excellent IT skills in both hardware and software with the ability to become the Deputy IT Support Officer. Specific training will be provided.
- Support UK-based staff: handle accreditation with the Swiss Mission of UK based staff and families including processing work permits, dependant’s passes, diplomatic IDs, United Nations passes and duty free petrol cards in a timely manner;
- Logistical support: arrange customs clearance and delivery (incoming and outgoing) of personal effects of UK based staff including unaccompanied airfreight and heavy baggage and all other official consignments for Embassy use;
- Arrange customs clearance, registration, deregistration, and shipments of the Mission’s official vehicles and UK based staff private cars. Advise on the sale and purchase of both official and private vehicles;
- Arrange registration for UK based officers under the reciprocal healthcare scheme.
Procurement & Finance
- Raise requisitions with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s management information and accounting system (Prism) and submit to CSM (Corporate Services Manager) for approvals;
- Receiving of goods and services;
- Preparing invoices for payment;
- Supplying official and private TVA exemption forms;
- Provide training for new staff on use of the PRISM (Oracle) management information and accounting system.
- Provide general administrative support including fielding requests from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London and UK based staff locally;
- Research and brief UK based staff (on arrival and departure) regarding administrative issues;
- Complete research as instructed by the Corporate Services Manager on relevant FCO policy and promote and communicate changes within the mission;
- Deputise for colleagues in the Corporate Services Team during periods of scheduled leave.
How to apply:
Please apply through this link
Please note that only applications submitted through the FCO online platform will be considered valid.