Organization: RET International
Closing date: 31 Mar 2018
RET International was founded as an independent, non-profit organisation in 2000 by Sadako Ogata as she was ending her second term as High Commissioner for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. Today, we work in areas of conflict, crisis and instability around the world, from the Middle East to Afghanistan and Asia, throughout Africa and all the way to Latin America and the Caribbean. As a humanitarian organisation, RET is committed to assist communities to meet the educational needs, in the broadest sense, of young people made vulnerable by displacement, violence, armed conflict and natural disasters.
For further information, visit: http://www.theRET.org
Based at our headquarters in Geneva, the Donor Relations Coordinator is a junior position, which will work closely under the direct supervision and guidance of RET’s CEO & Executive Director, and RET’s Chief of Staff to support the overall strategy and coordination of donor relations (European donors, as well as UN donors and north American donors).
The Donor Relations Coordinator will primarily manage and coordinate the relations with our German donors and support the strategy and management of the legal independent association “RET Germany”. RET Germany was founded in 2015 and is registered in Berlin, as an affiliated organisation of RET International. It has gradually become an important entity to facilitate the strategic relation and collaboration with the German government.
Working as Donor Relations Coordinator is an excellent opportunity for a young professional wishing to work in a humanitarian organisation and to add valuable work experience in fundraising, institutional donor relations and project cycle management to her/his skillset. The position requires frequent short-term travels to Berlin, as well as occasional travel to other European capitals, as well as in norther America.
RET offers a work experience in which the learning curve is steep and responsibilities real.
· Facilitation of communication between RET HQ and its donors (act as the focal point);
· Development of existing relations with RET’s donors, as well as new relations with new potential donors;
· Analysis of donor priorities and strategies;
· Advising RET’s Senior Management on strategic focus of proposals according to donor’s requirements;
· Organising, preparing and attending donor’s meetings in the capitals, as well as in Geneva;
· Contributing to RET Germany’s overall strategy as an association registered in Berlin;
· Manage RET Germany’s administration;
· Project cycle management of projects funded by the German donor, and possibly other donors (support project proposal and budget development, donor reporting and project monitoring process, proposal submission and overall project coordination);
· Any other tasks assigned by the RET HQ Senior Management.
· Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. international relations, development studies, social sciences, anthropology)
· Excellent spoken and written German (native)
· Excellent spoken and written English
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines
· Flexible and willing to travel
· Driven attitude, ability to work independently and as a team player
· Committed to RET’s vision and mission
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to Ms Daria Zanni, email@example.com
?FÃ¼r unsere Mandantin, eine renommierte und international tÃ¤tige Dienstleistungsfirma im Herzen von ZÃ¼rich, suchen wir eine initiative und entwicklungsfÃ¤hige PersÃ¶nlichkeit als Junior Controller (m/w) (Fest) In dieser spannenden und v…
Aufgaben: UnterstÃ¼tzung von Beratungs- und Strategieprojekten in unseren zehn Business Units in der Sparte Liebherr-Component Technologies AG (vor Ort) DurchfÃ¼hrung von Workshops mit interdisziplinÃ¤ren Teams eigenstÃ¤ndige Erarbeitung, …