Organization: IMPACT Initiatives
Closing date: 30 Jun 2018
IMPACT / REACH
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian think tank, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative, which was created in 2010 to facilitate the development of information tools and products that enhance the capacity of aid actors to make evidence-based decisions in emergency, recovery and development contexts. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in research design; data collection, management and analysis; GIS and remote-sensing. For more information visit: www.impact-initiatives.org and www.reach-initiative.org.
We are currently looking for a Research Design Intern to join the IMPACT Initiatives team in Geneva, Switzerland.
Position: Research Design Intern
Supervisor: Senior Research Design Officer Duration: 6 months Start date: ASAP
The Research Design Intern will be part of the IMPACT Research department, under the supervision of the Senior Research Design Officer. Based on these terms of reference and initial briefings, the selected candidate will develop upon the start of the internship a work-plan, which will be reviewed at regular intervals during the internship period and will serve as a basis for evaluation upon completion of the internship.
The Research Design Intern shall:
· Track documents and tools, keeping databases up to date at all times.
· Support country teams in implementing monitoring and evaluation of IMPACT research.
· Construct and maintain databases, including indicator registry.
· Participate in and contribute to meetings, including taking minutes.
· Support with the review and development of research design materials and tools.
· Support preparation of presentations and trainings.
· Ensure accurate filing of program and research documents
· Liaise with field teams and other HQ departments to facilitate close coordination and information sharing.
· Provide other support to IMPACT / REACH Research Department as directed.
· Good academic qualifications, preferably a Master degree in relevant discipline (International Relations, Political Sciences, Social Research, Economics, Anthropology, Assessment, Monitoring & Evaluation or similar)
· Fluency in both oral and written English and French
· Good working knowledge in Microsoft Office
· Attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality work
· Openness to feedback and willingness to learn.
· Ability to manage time effectively and work in a fast paced, results oriented working environment.
· Ability to work independently, with initiative, and strong capacity to work in intercultural team
· Familiarity with the humanitarian aid system
· Experience in assessments, monitoring & evaluations, especially in an international context
· Experience with research design, in particular development of methodologies, data analysis frameworks, indicators and questionnaires.
· Experience with mobile data collection platforms.
· Experience with programs under Adobe Creative Suite package (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
How to apply:
Please send, in English, your cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, and three references to: email@example.com
Please indicate the below reference in the subject line of your email.
Organization: International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies
Closing date: 16 May 2018
Coordinate the development and implementation of IFRC’s global X Media framework
• Lead the redesign, redevelopment and relaunch of IFRC.org, in line with the priority audiences and objectives of the global X Media framework. This will include working with external providers/IFRC departments/regional offices to understand requirements; the benchmarking of best practices within the sector; the selection of a state of the art CMS that integrates social platforms; the development of timelines for implementation, etc.
Coordinate X Media campaigns that advance IFRC communications priorities
• In line with X Media campaign objectives, target audiences, develop appropriate digital platforms to further IFRC engagement and priorities.
Strengthen global communications approach
• Design, develop and market customized tools and training materials for X Media campaigning capacity building efforts throughout the IFRC and assist National Societies in developing and executing their own web develop and design initiatives.
Respond to communications opportunities and risks
• Monitor trends and developments within the sector, monitor emerging technologies and approaches, with a view to ensuring that the IFRC develops and maintains a position as a digital leader.
Knowledge, skills and languages
How to apply:
If you are interested, please apply on this link before Wednesday 16 May.