Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 11 Apr 2018
UNHCR is an international humanitarian organisation operating in approximately 128 countries with 471 offices worldwide. Some 10,800 staff are directly employed with the Organisation which has an annual budget of approximately $ 7.5 billion and annual expenditure nearing $ 3.8 billion. Approximately one third of annual expenditure is disbursed on behalf of UNHCR by partner contracting organisations. Over recent years the Organisation has repositioned itself in the humanitarian sector and has adapted its operating model accordingly. In 2012, the Organisation implemented the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS). Reporting to the Controller and Director of the Division of Financial and Administrative Management (DFAM), the incumbent will:
The incumbent must have demonstrated analytical skills, good management and communication skills. Within the existing supervisory management responsibility of the position, the incumbent will directly supervise the staff of the Policy and Audit Coordination Section (PACS).
The assigned responsibilities of this post include regular liaison with Senior Management of UNHCR such as Directors and Representatives and a variety of staff at Headquarters and in the field, as well as within the UN system and the internal and external auditors. The incumbent of this post, therefore, must have a superior knowledge of UN Financial Regulations and Rules and IPSAS, as well as relevant experience and accounting qualifications and superior drafting skills.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply on the UNHCR Career Page/international vacancies section here: http://www.unhcr.org/careers.html.
Deadline for applications: 11 April 2018 (midnight Geneva time).
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 29 Mar 2018
Position Title : Resource Management Coordination and Support Officer
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 29 March 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
The Department of Resources Management (DRM) is responsible for managing the administrative and financial functions of the Organization. The Director of the Department serves as the senior official of the Organization in the area of finance and administration, reporting directly to the Director General, and representing the Organization internally and externally, and in intergovernmental fora, discussions and negotiations essentially with member states, donors and as required with other stakeholders.
IOM is a global intergovernmental organization with approximately 10,000 staff, an annual budget approaching USD 2 billion, 169 Member States, and is part of the United Nations system as the UN Migration Agency.
DRM oversees the financial and administrative initiatives throughout the Organization. It establishes and implements policies to ensure sound management and planning in all administrative and financial areas, and sees to the coordination and implementation of relevant procedures and policies, and their dissemination to internal and external stakeholders. The Department’s management functions are collectively responsible for the Organization’s administrative and financial policies, and assisting the Director General in making management decisions.
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Director, Department of Resources Management (DRM), and in close coordination with Divisions in DRM and other Headquarters (HQs) Departments, the Administrative Centres in Manila and Panama and all Field Offices; the successful candidate will support the Director to manage the full range of resource management services covering human resources, information technology, accounting, budget, treasury, procurement, risk management, common services, staff travel and engagement with Member States and External stakeholders. S/he will support the Director of DRM in the overall coordination of DRM and provide financial oversight for projects managed (excluding L3) in Headquarters.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Management or Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related
field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Management experience at the international level, accompanied by background in financial management, budgeting, monitoring, invoicing and in providing project management support;
• Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, donors and partners;
• Experience in preparing financial and narrative reports, budgets, invoices, and coordinate administrative activities;
• Knowledge of SAP and/or other accounting systems, software and procedures;
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
• Experience in conceptualizing, designing and delivering training programmes is desired.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 29 March 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 09.03.2018 to 29.03.2018
Posting: Posting NC55399305 (55399305) Released