Organization: Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics
Closing date: 02 Feb 2018
FIND is an international non-profit organization based in Geneva, Switzerland, dedicated to R&D activities to expand and accelerate access to new diagnostic technologies, and to build global capacity for diagnostic testing for poverty-related diseases in low- and middle-income countries. FIND’s vision is a world where diagnosis guides the way to health for all people. The FIND team is devoted to driving the development, clinical trialing, and early implementation of innovative diagnostic solutions that can have a high impact on patient care and disease control in low-resource settings. The position will contribute to a growing performance measurement practice at FIND.
The M&E Officer will have responsibility for all aspects of monitoring and evaluating FIND activities that are implemented by a diverse group of partner organizations.
The M&E Officer must be able to monitor progress of individual projects and assess the performance of programs comprised of multiple projects. In addition, he/she must be able to aggregate organization-wide data to monitor FIND’s progress against its own overall log frame and evaluate FIND performance overall. This work involves designing and managing studies that are either implemented by FIND staff or more commonly contracted to national and international consultants/partners. The position must also be able to provide strategic input into shaping organizational indicators for a full five year organization-wide strategy, and be able to develop and implement an M&E framework and log frames for the same.
He/she will report to the Director of Operations
· Develop and refine log frames for projects that map to FIND organizational wide log frames and reporting needs, as well as project requirements
· Implement existing tools for data collection, storage, analysis and reporting, and develop new tools if needed for specific projects.
· Conduct data analysis to inform project management and contribute towards reporting of project data for internal and external purposes
· Be the focal person for routine data collection for projects and ensure this is carried out in a timely manner and in accordance with donors and FIND reporting requirements
· Write reports and analyse findings required for contributions and reporting
· Contribute toward programmatic, donor and organizational reports (requires report writing, analysis of findings etc.) in coordination with the relevant FIND staff member (either Head of Programme or Director of Operations).
· In addition, provide recommendations on planning and risk management at the project, programme and organizational levels.
· Develop close working relationships with all project participants and stakeholders; establish and maintain good working relations with the relevant partners, as well as other higher-level stakeholder groups.
· The M&E Officer will work closely with Programme teams to assess site/field conditions, support capacity building initiatives, and facilitate the collection of quality data.
Education and skill requirements/Desired qualifications and experience:
· Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Science, Statistics, Development or other
· related field is required
· 5 to 7 years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience (essential knowledge of Monitoring & Evaluation principles)
· Data analysis skills using Excel and/or statistical packages
· Project Management experience
· Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others especially in low income countries.
· Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Bilingual in English and capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in English
· Experience in working in the not-for-profit public health sector P
How to apply:
Please mail a motivation letter and a detailed resume to email@example.com.
Deadline to send your application: 2 February 2018
But don’t wait until the deadline! We will start screening right away and if we find the right person, we will stop searching.)
Please note that only applicants meeting the profile requirements will be personally contacted. Applications sent by recruitment agencies will not be considered.