Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 24 Jan 2019
The Senior Oversight Officer reports to the Head of Service, Strategic Oversight.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their online application on the UNHCR career page by clicking on the ‘international vacancies’ tab here: https://www.unhcr.org/careers.html.
All currently advertised positions are available on the career page.
Deadline for applications: 24 January 2019 (midnight Geneva time). To view all UNHCR vacancies, go to http://www.unhcr.org/careers.html.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 20 Jan 2019
Position Title : Financial Reporting Officer
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 20 January 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cook Islands, Cuba, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Grenada, Guyana, Iceland, Kiribati, Comoros, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Lao People’s Democratic
Republic, Saint Lucia, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Paraguay, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Suriname, Sao Tome and Principe, Eswatini,
Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
IOM is the leading organization in the field of migration and has a staffing complement of
10,000+ staff spread over 440 field offices throughout the world.
The Accounting Division of the Department of Resources Management is responsible for monitoring, analysing and reporting on the financial position and financial performance of the Organization. The Accounting Divisions fundamental functions include preparing key financial statements and reports including the Annual Financial Report using International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS); developing and implementing accounting policies, procedures, as well as related internal controls and oversight mechanisms to ensure integrity of accounting data and safeguard the Organizations resources and assets; controlling accounting master data structures within PRISM; and liaising with external and internal auditors and other stakeholders on accounting issues and concerns.
Under the general oversight of the Chief of Accounting, the direct supervision of the Senior
Accounting Officer, the successful candidate will perform the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Global Financial Reporting
Audit and assessment follow up
Auditors visits, documents and related matters.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Minimum 2 to 5 years relevant professional experience in financial management, accounting and consolidation, internal control application, internal audit and or external audit;
• Sound knowledge of SAP;
• Sound knowledge and experience in practical implementation of IPSAS at international organizations and generally accepted accounting principles, business risk controls, and audit/review procedures;
• Knowledge of IOM/UN accounting systems, software and procedures is a distinct advantage;
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English;
• Supervisory experience is desirable;
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 20 January 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 07.01.2019 to 20.01.2019
Requisition: VN 2019/04 (P) – Financial Reporting Officer (P2) – Geneva, Switzerland (55762365) Released
Posting: Posting NC55762366 (55762366) Released