Der Verein fÃ¼r umfassende Suchttherapie DIE ALTERNATIVE betreibt seit Ã¼ber 45 Jahren suchttherapeutische Institutionen und arbeitet mit ehemals substanzabhÃ¤ngigen Eltern und deren Kindern. Im stationÃ¤ren Kinderbereich im Kinderhaus TIPI i…
Stellenbeschreibung Abbau von einem Zelt Einsatz kann lÃ¤nger dauern Arbeitskleidung und Sicherheitschuhe Datum und Startzeit 24. November (UTC+2), 02:00 (UTC+2)-02:00 (UTC+2) | 2 Stunden 45 Minuten Lohn CHF 68.75 – CHF 25.00 /h…
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 18 Jun 2018
Position Title : Intern – IBM/FMS-Visa Application Centre (VAC) Programme
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Intern, Grade OTHE
Type of Appointment : Internship, Three months
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 18 June 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and United Kingdom Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have embarked on a major change program designed to transform the way that they run their visa application system. IRCC and UKVI have implemented a Global Visa Application Centre (VAC) Network having awarded a seven-year contract to a partnership consisting of VFS Global (lead) and IOM (project partner). This VAC network will provide applicants with more convenient avenues for visa submissions and better access to enhanced administrative services, including capture of biometrics, all delivered in accordance with strict performance benchmarks and privacy requirements.
IOM’s Immigration and Border Management Division’s ongoing work in improving migration management includes developing Facilitated Migration Service (FMS) solutions for governments and migrants worldwide. Within the scope of this work, IOM already provides tailored VAC services. IOM operated VACs handle all of the time-consuming administrative tasks of the visa application process and work to ensure that only properly completed visa applications are submitted. Such outsourcing partnerships result in reduced costs and workloads for member states’ immigration offices and faster visa processing times and improved service standards for visa applicants. Perhaps most importantly, such partnerships enable immigration officers to make informed decisions based on complete information, while focusing on their core function; making visa decisions.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Project Officer – Global Visa Application Centre Programme and in accordance with the overall direction of the Global VAC Programme Manager, the intern will focus on supporting the team by helping with administrative tasks in the office.
The intern will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Plan (BCP) and Premises Emergency Management (PEM) documents
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Economics, International Relations, Business Administration, the Social
Sciences, Law, Development Studies, International Affairs or any related discipline;
• Computer literacy in MS Office especially MS Excel;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Ability to timely understand the Organization’s structure and portfolios;
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds;
• Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines;
• Practical experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently;
• Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is highly desirable to translate website notifications and e-mails to the VAC network.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
The incumbent will acquire knowledge in the Immigration and Border Management Division. He/She will also gain in-site experience in working with an international organization.
Carte de Legitimation
The organization will obtain the ‘carte de legitimation’ for the duration of the internship for the selected candidate.
• Applications from qualified female candidates are specially encouraged.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and additional queries will only be addressed if the candidate is shortlisted.
• Depending on experience and location, IOM provides a small monthly stipend to help offset costs; please consider the cost of living in Geneva, Switzerland prior to applying to any such internship position.
• No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 18 June 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 05.06.2018 to 18.06.2018
Requisition: INT2018/21-Intern-IBM/FMS-Visa Application Centre (VAC) Programme-Geneva,Switzer
Posting: Posting NC55514627 (55514627) Released
Organization: Union for International Cancer Control (UICC)
Closing date: 30 Jun 2018
Head of Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
Job title: Head of Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
The Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) is a non government organisation based in Geneva which serves an international and diverse population of cancer organisations to unite the cancer community to reduce the global cancer burden, to promote greater equity and to integrate cancer control into the world health and development agenda. We have achieved this by building a membership base of over thousand organisations and engaging in partnerships with more than 60 organisations across the UN, academic, health and private sector.
UICC convenes members and partners to encourage collaboration and new thinking through keystone events (World Cancer Congress, World Cancer Leaders Summit and World Cancer Day). Through our capacity building activities, UICC supports its members do a better job tomorrow than they do today and increase their impact by scaling up their relevance, reach and sustainability in their own settings. With our members and partners, we drive forward the key advocacy priorities building upon key international agreements (the Sustainable Development Goals, the Global Action Plan on NCDs and the 2017 Cancer Resolution at the World Health Assembly) to ensure that these global goals and targets are translated into national action.
UICC has a team of 45 people based predominantly in Geneva, Switzerland led by a CEO, reporting to a Board of Directors. It has an annual income of approximately $10m and has plans to grow significantly in the coming years. The UICC works in new offices in Geneva situated close to the United Nations and the World Health Organisation, with whom it has formal relations.
Summary of the position
The Head of Marketing, Communications and Public Relations will:
· Lead the marketing, communications and public relations team, at the strategic and tactical levels, in coordination with the other functions of UICC.
The Head of Marketing, Communications and Public Relations reports to the Chief Executive Officer and serves as a member of the senior management team. They will participate with the Board of Directors (at their regular meetings), CEO and other management staff in charting the direction of UICC, assuring its accountability to all constituencies, and ensuring its effective operation.
Marketing, communications and public relations
· Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of: comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations strategies that support the delivery of UICC’s objectives and enhance the organisation’s image and position amongst its network of stakeholders – this includes supporting all UICC teams in their publications, media relations, member communications, web and social media activities.
Leads projects as assigned by the CEO, such as:
Planning and budgeting
· Responsible for the achievement of marketing, communications and public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the CEO and Board.
Managing · Maintain a positive and supportive work environment that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
Skills and competencies
· Advanced university degree in communications, marketing, public relations preferred or a comparable education.
How to apply:
Send your CV and motivation letter explaining how you think your skills and experience make you a strong candidate for this position to email@example.com. Deadline for applications: 30 June 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted