Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 27 Apr 2018
Internship at the UNHCR Ethics Office
Terms of reference
Located in UNHCR Headquarters, Geneva Switzerland, the Ethics Office was established in June 2008 to assist the Secretary General and the High Commissioner in ensuring that all staff members observe and perform their functions consistent with the highest standards of integrity required by the UN Charter, staff regulations and rules, and relevant guidelines and policies.
UNHCR Ethics Office
The UNHCR Ethics Office has the following key responsibilities**:**
· Provide confidential guidance to UNHCR staff to ensure practical implementation of UNHCR’s policies, procedures and practices relating to ethical standards called for under the UN Charter, Staff regulations and rules and UNHCR’s Code of Conduct.
· Managing the UNHCR Code of Conduct and its annual refresher sessions in the Field and at Headquarters to foster an ethical culture in the Organization.
· Implementing the Policy against retaliation for reporting misconduct (Whistleblower).
· Coordinating the implementation of Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) in accordance with the UN Secretary General Bulletin
· Administering the United Nations Financial Disclosure Program
· Develop policies, guidelines, tools and training programs to implement Ethics Office mandate
The Ethics Office on an ongoing basis undertakes analysis of its achievements and conducts risk assessment in order to be more responsive and supportive to country level operations. It holds consultations with relevant Bureaus/Division/Units, with colleagues in the Field and at Headquarters on issues for which their inputs and experiences are required.
The Ethics Office is currently seeking the support of an intern. Interns can learn from a mentoring relationship through the vast activities of the Ethics Office and complement the expertise within the Ethics Office at UNHCR.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
Under the immediate supervision of the Senior Ethics Advisor, the intern will perform the following functions:
· Assist in preparing preliminary assessment and analysis of complaints by conducting researches to establish facts and verify accuracy of information in order to prepare for case reviews and draft initial response for review.
· Review and analyze responses and guidance provided by Ethics Office with the view of harmonizing and consistently providing guidance to personnel.
Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA):
· Assist in the research, implementation and follow-up of the Action Plan in response to the Secretary General’s 2017 report on “ special measures for protection from sexual exploitation and abuse: a new approach” (A/71/818)
Code of Conduct:
· Assist in developing training material for the 2017-2018 Code of Conduct, including the UNHCR Code of Conduct Facilitator’s Manual.
Policy and development of tools:
· Assist in the research, review and analysis of existing policies and documents produced by the Ethics Office and relevant Units and draft inputs from the ethics perspectives (PSEA Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, SHA Sexual Harassment & Abuse, Fraud Prevention, Gifts Policy, etc.) and in developing advocacy and promotional tools on various themes in ethics.
Training, outreach and communication:
· Assist in briefing, training and webinar activities as well as in facilitating the Code of Conduct refresher session and/or Ethics Office as may be required and assist in updating Ethics webpage in the intranet.
· Perform other duties as required by the Office
· Provide debriefing and hand-over notes to Ethics team and relevant colleagues at the end of internship.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· University studies completed preferably in law, international relations, social sciences or allied fields
· Experience or demonstrated strong interest in ethical issues or related fields
· Experience in training, awareness raising, and/or larger: strong communication skills
· Fluency in English (written and oral); another UN language is an asset
· Excellent drafting and communication skills
· Ability to work in a multicultural team
· Exposure to UN work is preferred
· Ability in using Excel, PowerPoint, Design tools and software.
· Flexibility and adaptability.
11th June – 11th December 2018 (6 months)
How to apply:
Send 1) your motivation letter, 2) your CV, 3) a signed copy of the UN Personal History form (click here to get the form: P11 form) to email@example.com indicating “Internship, UNHCR Ethics Office” in the subject line. We will not be in a position to consider incomplete applications.
Deadline for application: 27th April 2018.
Due to the high number of expected applications, UNHCR will only contact shortlisted applicants.
* Please be informed that visas for Switzerland, if required, are under the responsibility of the intern.
* Food and Local Transportation Allowance: Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive an allowance to support costs related to cost of food, local transportation and living expenses. Interns should be ready to cover their own travel to the duty station as well as any additional costs above and beyond any allowance they may receive from UNHCR.
* Medical insurance: Before the start of an internship with UNHCR, candidates are responsible for arranging medical insurance and for providing proof to UNHCR of a valid medical insurance covering the period of the contract.
Sie verantworten die personelle, fachliche und betriebswirtschaftliche FÃ¼hrung von vier Werkstattbetrieben in der ganzer Schweiz. Sie sind zustÃ¤ndig fÃ¼r die reibungslose Instandhaltung des gesamten Maschinenparks sowie deren Inventur. Sie s…
Gfeller Consulting & Partner – Ventas
Office, Logistics Recruiter (m/w) fÃ¼r Promotoren und Merchandiser (*%) Steinhausen Schweiz Am Puls des Handels? Boost ist dort wo Kunden ihre Kaufentscheidung treffen! Mittels Degustationen, Bemusterungen und ProduktvorfÃ¼hrungen b…
Boostjobs – Ventas
Health and Safety Manager Region: Deutschschweiz Beginn: per sofort Branche: Industrie diverse Berater: , +41 71* 49 49 Aufgabe Sicherstellung von stÃ¤ndiger Verbesserung und RegelkonformitÃ¤t zu allen Arbeitssicherheits- und …
all in one personal – AdministraciÃ³n
FÃ¼r unseren Kunden, tÃ¤tig im Eventbereich, suchen wir per sofort oder nach Vereinbarung fÃ¼r die Region Bern im Teilzeitpensum von zirka 10 – 20%: mobile Promotoren/innen. Promoter Region Bern mit FÃ¼hrerschein und eigenes Fahrzeug Deine …
Adecco – Ventas