Organization: UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Closing date: 29 Jan 2018
The UK Mission in Geneva forms part of a world-wide network of 230 Diplomatic Missions, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Our Corporate Services Team is responsible for delivering financial, HR, estates, procurement, IT, security and protocol services to approximately 70 Staff at the UK Mission to the United Nations in Geneva.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and motivated team member who can become an integral part of the Corporate Services Team.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
General administration related to (but not limited to): Importation of personal effects; Customs clearance of motor vehicles; Registration under the reciprocal healthcare scheme.
Complete application process for: Identity cards; United Nations passes; Duty free petrol cards;
Miscellaneous: General administrative support; Deputising for colleagues in Corporate Services Team.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
Enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
Fluency in English and French;
1-2 years experience in an office environment;
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus;
Ability to work with contacts and colleagues at all levels;
Personal drive and the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team; Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail; Comprehensive IT skills, including Excel.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
Knowledge of online databases (Oracle etc.)
Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a full-time position, for a fixed term contract of 2 years.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
Please note that you must have the right to work and reside in Switzerland without visa sponsorship. (For information: EU nationals do not require visa sponsorship).
Staff recruited locally by the UK Mission in Geneva are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Swiss employment law.
How to apply:
We do not accept cvs. We only accept applications through our software. To apply please follow this link:
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 11 Jan 2018
Position Title : Migration Policy Officer Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi,
The successful candidate will be working in the International Partnerships Division (IPD) within the International Cooperation and Partnerships Department (ICP).
The Department holds primary responsibility for supporting and coordinating the Organization’s relations with governments, intergovernmental organizations, civil society, the media, the private sector and donors. ICP leads and coordinates dialogue-related initiatives, including the International Dialogue on Migration, institutional support for global intra-regional and regional consultative processes on migration (RCPs) and preparations for the annual governing body meetings, as well as the communications and public information functions. ICP acts as a first port of call and a “window” into IOM for external partners, answering inquiries, arranging briefings and generally explaining the Organization.
This position will help address the growing need for IOM to re-assess and sustainably manage its partnership with civil society, given the evolving definition of what constitutes civil society, and the proliferation of migration governance initiatives and partnerships. Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Head of IPD, and in close collaboration with the other Migration Policy Officer of IPD, s/he will support the work of the Division, primarily on civil society engagement, as well as on Regional Consultative Processes including secretariat functions supporting the Colombo Regional Consultative Process; on mixed migration matters, including protection at sea.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Regional and intraregional consultative processes and dialogues
Complex migratory flows
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Ph.D. or Master’s degree in International relations, Social Sciences, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• Experience in migration-related issues;
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French or Spanish is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 11 January 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 29.12.2017 to 11.01.2018
Requisition: VN 2017/276 (P) – Migration Policy Officer (P2) – Geneva, Switzerland (55298382) Released
*7-12-29 Für einen bestehenden Kunden in der Ostschweiz suchen wir ab sofort oder nach Vereinbarung gelernte Köche/in Herstellung von Feinkost 4 Schicht*% Ihre Aufgaben: Sie kontrollieren selbständig und exakt die angelieferte …
Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 29 Dec 2017
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated.
For every child, a geographically mobile & diverse workforce
This post reports to the Head of Technical support unit. Technical Support Unit, manages Information Communication Technology infrastructure and data centers in Geneva which host both Regional and Global services. The mission critical services that are hosted in data centers are Private Fund raising and Partnership business applications, Regional Light center and Enterprise business telephony solution for UNICEF offices across the world in addition to the local infrastructure in two data centers in Geneva.
Under the guidance of the Head of the Technical Support Unit, this post will provide technical, operational and procedural support and second-level end-users services in the implementation and support of information management, infrastructure, Local Area Network, Wide Area network telephony/telecommunications and connectivity needs of the Geneva office and Country Offices within the Central Eastern European and Commonwealth of Independent States (CEECIS) region.
How can you make a difference?
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Assist the Unit Head of Technical Support Unit in the following:
1. Maintain primary Systems, Platforms and Network Administrator for Geneva office and datacenters. This involves:– Infrastructural security and Local Area Network/Wide Area Network administration- Administration of network endpoints, core and distribution switches, firewalls, access control systems, network appliances- Storage Area Network Administration: Administering storage area network, storage device nodes, virtual storage datacenters;- Platforms Administration: Act as a system engineer for physical and virtualized server environments, including maintenance, technical analysis, design and support in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.- Server Administration: Installation and upgrade of operating systems including patches and fixes; monitoring of network activity to avoid system downtime;- Telephony systems administration: Manage and configure the primary (landline) telephony systems, link capacity, trunk configurations, redundancy and least cost routing, system and traffic data backups, moves and changes, telephony databases, user authorizations, patch panels and cablings. Act as a Global and Regional Subject Matter Expert for global enterprise telephony solution (Office 365 telephony).2. Provide technical support to the country offices in the region in the implementation and configuration of the Local Area Network/Wide Area Network based on the organization’s IT standards.– Assist in the purchase and installation of equipment (servers, networks, routers) when needed.- Maintain remote access systems for offices without local IT infrastructure (LIGHT).- Provide information security advisory services on risks and security best practices to the country offices based on organization / industry’s standards.- Install, manage and configure the primary telephony systems for offices hosted in Geneva telephony pools.
3. Disaster recovery/business continuity infrastructure: Assist in the maintenance of the disaster recovery/business continuity infrastructure, which includes an off-site backup facility for the main servers and applications, as well as the global systems hosted in Geneva such as central frontend and edge pools for Enterprise telephony (Skype for Business), identity servers, global load balancers (Netscaler), reverse proxies and other similar systems.
4. Innovations, Research and Development– Assist in design and implementing Proof of Concept projects in coordination withInformation Communication Technology Division.- Coordinate and provide technical support to pilot phases of global rollouts.
5. Monitoring and reporting systems: Assist in administering the reporting system and equipment problems, the diagnosis of source of problem, fixes the problem if possible or escalates.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Completed secondary level education supplemented by specialized training computer science or technical courses on Microsoft, VMWare, Citrix, in addition to networking and system administration is required.
– Seven years of progressive ICT experience, preferably as a Local Systems Administrator in IT services management work, connectivity, networking, system administration and hardware/software is required.- Working knowledge of Active Directory, HP Storage systems (including tape libraries), VMWare, Cisco OS, Citrix XenApp and relevant administration tools and techniques is desirable.- Knowledge ofthe global concept of the functioning of ICT and UNICEF is desirable.- UN/UNICEF experience will be highly desirable
Fluency in English required. Knowledge of French language is desirable. Any other UN official language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish)would be an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
– Drive for Results (Level II)- Communication (Level II)- Working with People (Level II)
– Analyzing (Level II)- Applying Technical Expertise (Level II)- Planning and Organizing (Level II)- Following Instructions and Procedures (Level II)
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=509741
tmp/output**29**-efz3es «Spielend weiterkommen» Philippe Professional Web Frontend Entwickler/in Die Noser Engineering AG ist eines der führenden Software-Dienstleistungsunternehmen in der technischen Informatik. Der Leitsatz «Vors… – Informática, Sistemas, Internet
Global Personal Aarau Paul Hunziker Senior Recruiting Consultant Bahnhofstrasse 29 Postfach*2 *1 Aarau Tel.:** 10 00 Social Ihre Aufgaben Konstruktion von Werkzeugen und Vorrichtungen Projektbegleitung bis zur Werkz…