Organization: International AIDS Society
Closing date: 07 Jan 2019
About the IAS:
The mission of the International AIDS Society (IAS) is to lead collective action on every front of the global HIV response through its membership base, scientific authority, and convening power.
Founded in 1988, the IAS is the world’s largest association of HIV professionals, with members from more than 180 countries working on all fronts of the global AIDS response. Together, we advocate and drive urgent action to reduce the global impact of HIV.
The IAS is the steward of the world’s two most prestigious HIV conferences – the International AIDS Conference and the IAS Conference on HIV Science. These conferences have established a gold-standard meeting that convenes the world’s top scientists, civil society members and policymakers to jointly discuss the fight against HIV.
We promote and invest in HIV advocacy and research on key issue areas through our strategic programmes, initiatives, and campaigns that advocate for urgent action to reduce the global impact of HIV, including increased investment in HIV cure research; optimizing treatment and care for infants, children and adolescents with HIV in resource-limited settings; preventing and treating HIV-related co-infections; and expanding access to prevention, treatment and care for key populations at higher risk for HIV – such as men who have sex with men, people who inject drugs, sex workers and transgender individuals – including protecting their human rights by combatting punitive laws and discriminatory policies.
More information on IAS can be found at www.iasociety.org.
Details of Employment:
The Senior Communications and Advocacy Officer position will be based in Geneva, Switzerland and report to the Director, Communications. The position is full-time and open-ended to start as soon as possible.
Purpose of the Position:
The incumbent will play a senior role in the communications team, writing and content production for the organization and foregrounding advocacy approaches. We are looking for a savvy, seasoned, strategic communicator with a strong understanding of the scientific and political field of the HIV/AIDS and/or global health space.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover letter, in English and by email only, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 7 January 2019. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only candidates from Switzerland, from an EU/EFTA country or candidates already having a valid Swiss working permit will be considered.
IAS employees are evidence-based, human rights-focused, inclusive and accountable partners in the HIV response. Candidates should display genuine commitment to IAS values (learn more here).
The IAS is committed to recruiting and sustaining a skilled, effective, diverse and gender-balanced secretariat, and to the greater involvement of people living with HIV (GIPA) in all aspects of its work. People living with or affected by HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 13 Jan 2019
UNOPS hosts the Stop TB Partnership (STBP) Secretariat as of 1 January 2015, in Geneva, Switzerland. The vision of the STP is to realize the goal of elimination of tuberculosis (TB) as a public health problem and, ultimately, to reach a TB-free world by ensuring that every person affected by the disease has access to effective diagnosis, treatment and cure; stopping transmission of TB; reducing the inequitable social and economic toll of TB; and developing and implementing new preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic tools and strategies. The STBP is uniquely positioned to support the development and further implementationof the current and future Global Plan, acting as a coordinator and catalyst for the range of partners engaged in the fight against TB.
The Stop TB Partnership’s Communications and Design Team carry out a diverse range of activities in a busy and time-restricted environment. Projects and campaigns are mostly digital and online basedwith a strong element of social media, traditional press engagement, event coordination and partner relations. The Communication and Design Team is also involved in the creation of tools and style guides to support internal communications and to ensure a consistent external voice of the Partnership.
Under the shared supervision of the Communications Team and the in-house Designer, the Communications Assistant will act in a support role for a wide range of communications activities, quickly responding to a variety of ad-hoc day-to-day tasks while organizing her/himself across longer term projects. The incumbent will also be expected to support the team in regards to certain trends of contemporary digital marketing, most noteably in social media, and have a clear grip of cause and effect in regards to performance of online activities.The role is based in Geneva, Switzerland, with need-based opportunity for travel.
The Communications Assistant is expected to undertake the following key functions:
2. Social Media
4. Marketing emails
5. Digital Asset Managing
6. General Duties
To qualify for the position, the ideal candidate should have:
Contract type: I**nternational Individual Contractor Agreement (IICA)**
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
How to apply:
If you are interested, please apply through our system, the link to the vacancy is as per below:
Ihre Aufgaben: In dieser vielseitigen Aufgabe unterstÃ¼tzen Sie als vollwertiges Teammitglied den Leiter Marketing & Communication im TagesgeschÃ¤ft, wobei sie eigenverantwortlich Projekte Ã¼bernehmen. Zu Ihrem Aufgabenbereich gehÃ¶ren: Au…
myStromer AG – Marketing
?Ein renommiertes und fÃ¼hrendes Unternehmen im Finanzsektor sucht eine/n erfahrene/n, kompetente/n und sprachbegabte/n (Senior) Produkt / Marketing Manager D/E (F) (m/w) (Fest) ~~Sie analysieren und segmentieren den Markt, antizipiere…
Mosaik Consulting – AdministraciÃ³n
Closing date: 13 Jan 2019
Role & Responsibilities
Manage Medair’s international recruitment marketing activities, attracting quality candidates for our internationally recruited staff (IRS) and GSO (Global Support Office) roles. Prepare high quality recruitment marketing communications to targeted markets, by ensuring the increasing reach of Medair promotion externally on key humanitarian, sector specific, professional and Christian websites, at relevant events, and within professional training institutions. Manage and develop recruitment contact networks from Medair alumni, public, church, and training networks as well as LinkedIn. Strong focus on building French-speaking candidate pool in Switzerland and internationally.
Medair GSO provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair GSO, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time.
Key Activity Areas
Recruitment Communications & Networking
· Coordinate sending vacancies to key publics in Medair’s main language groups (EN / FR / NL / DE).
· Prepare inspiring and interesting content for email communications to differing audiences.
· Manage the subscriber databases ensuring the right subscribers receive the right communications.
· Search for key potential candidates in LinkedIn and Devex online databases as appropriate, preparing candidate lists for pre-selection for pro-active recruitment communications and follow-up.
· Lead Medair recruitment networking by researching and contacting key church, training, professional group and partner organisations with a Swiss and International French bias.
· In collaboration with GSO and Field HR officers, create brand-ready job announcements.
· Promote Medair jobs on Medair website and on key external humanitarian / development / professional / Christian websites, in English and French.
· Collaborate with team members to update and improve key information and content on the Medair recruitment website as well as the key external recruitment documents.
· Support on key external website contracts and job postings packages.
· Lead, coordinate and prepare Medair attendance at relevant and targeted events.
· Manage the logistics of each event, from start to finish (contacting organisers, building teams, preparing stand layout, ensuring professional follow-up with individuals and networks…).
· Ensure Medair recruiting focused channels (LinkedIn, Twitter etc.) are regularly invested in with updates (videos, photos, stories) and inspirational and motivational recruitment content.
· Help coordinating and preparing Medair recruitment related content resourcing in liaison with the communications teams and field communications officers.
Recruitment Activity Analysis
· Support the Recruitment Coordinator by preparing relevant monthly, quarterly and annual statistics (Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Campaign Monitor, Qlik based reporting).
Recruitment Projects & Administration
· Lead the implementation of international French focused recruitment activities.
· Support the development of Medair recruitment projects, including the Alumni Network.
· Recommend and integrate new recruitment activities into the ongoing recruitment strategy and plans.
Affiliate Office Support
· Develop sturdy recruitment support to affiliate offices as required, helping to research, target and implement relevant recruitment approaches.
· Help providing answers to recruitment related queries from affiliates.
· Follow-up regarding recommendations or affiliate communications related to specific applicants.
· When appropriate, support affiliates at events in their region, especially for French-speaking audiences.
Team Spiritual Life
· Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
· Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
· Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Business Administration / Communications qualification.
· Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
· Two year’s minimum experience working in communications, marketing, or recruitment related fields.
· Very good knowledge of Word and Excel. Powerpoint is an asset.
· Ability to work well with database / internet tools.
· Attention to detail, conscientious, trustworthy, effective and organized.
· Sense of initiative and responsibility, strong ability to learn quickly.
· Able to work independently and to lead projects autonomously and with other collaborators.
· Capable of working in a multi-cultural environment.
· Strong team player with a collaborative and servant spirit.
How to apply:
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
a) Medair organisational values.
b) Profiles sought and Benefits Package for Global Support Office Staff.
a) go to our Current Vacancies page
b) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Organization: International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies
Closing date: 07 Jan 2019
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 191 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Do you want to help save lives and change minds as part the worlds largest humanitarian network? The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is a global membership organisation comprising National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies around the world. Through 190 National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and around 17 million volunteers, the IFRC network is present in virtually every community, reaching more than 160 million people every year with life-saving and life-changing support. The mission of the IFRC is to support National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to prevent and alleviate human suffering and promote human dignity around the world. We do this in line with our fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. Together, IFRC, National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) form the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. IFRC is served by a Secretariat based in Geneva, with regional and country offices throughout the world. The Secretariat’s headquarters is organized as three main business groups: Partnerships, Programmes and Operations; and Management Services. The Communications and Community Engagement Department is part of IFRCs Partnerships Division. The department comprises four teams including the X Media Campaigning team. Together, these teams advocate for local communities, vulnerable groups and people in need.
You oversee the development, coordination and marketing of IFRC’s X media campaigns.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Implement IFRC’s global X media strategy
Strengthen IFRC’s global communications approach
Respond to communications opportunities and risks
Knowledge, skills and languages
Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
How to apply:
Please submit your application to IFRCjobs
Organization: Civitas Maxima
Closing date: 20 Dec 2018
About Civitas Maxima:
Civitas Maxima (CM) coordinates a network of national and international lawyers and investigators who work for the interest of victims of international crimes. It operates in situations where no legal action to bring the perpetrators to justice has been successful and works in close partnership with the Global Justice and Research Project (GJRP) based in Monrovia. CM represents victims of war crimes and crimes against humanity from Liberia, Sierra Leone and Ivory Coast.
CM was registered in September 2012 as an association in Geneva, Switzerland, and is recognized by the Swiss authorities as a not-for-profit organization**.** CM is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information: www.civitas-maxima.org
CM is looking for a communications and social media intern to start from January 2018 for the period of 6 months. The intern would ideally be able to work at least 80% from January to the end of February, and then at least 40%until the end of the contract. We are looking for someone to support our growing communications needs and assist the Communications and Outreach Officer in her tasks. The intern would work in close cooperation with the staff and director ensuring CM’s visibility through a social media campaign around upcoming public trials of alleged Liberian war criminals.
Assist Communications and Outreach Officer in:
What we offer:
How to apply:
To apply, send a CV and a short cover letter explaining your reasons for applying to this position to email@example.com before December 20th, 18:00 Geneva time. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. A monthly stipend will be provided.
Das ist Deine Aufgabe Organisation und DurchfÃ¼hrung von Events (z.B. Messen, KundenanlÃ¤sse, MitarbeiteranlÃ¤sse) Erstellen von Printmaterial (BroschÃ¼ren, Flyer, Mailings, Inserate) Konzeption, Umsetzung und Controlling der Ã–ffentlichkeits…
Olmero AG – AdministraciÃ³n
IHRE AUFGABEN: Aufbau des Group-Marketings fÃ¼r ein funktionierendes Gruppenmarketing in der DACH Region Definition und Umsetzung einer umfassenden, globalen und auf die Unternehmens- und Produktstrategie abgestimmte Marketingkommunikatio…
Swiss IT Security AG – Marketing
Ihre herausfordernden Aufgaben: Kreative Mitarbeit an der Neugestaltung des Auftritts von IBF (Print und WEB) UnterstÃ¼tzung bei der Erstellung von Werbe-Informationen und DurchfÃ¼hrung von Direct Marketing Aktionen (Post-Aussendungen, E-Ma…
IBF Solutions AG – Marketing
Ihre Aufgaben In dieser verantwortungsvollen und vielseitigen Funktion sind Sie zusammen mit einem Team zustÃ¤ndig fÃ¼r die Weiterentwicklung und QualitÃ¤tssicherung der Marketing- und Verkaufsabteilung des Zoos. – Weiterentwicklung und Ausf…
Abenteuerland WALTER ZOO – Marketing
?Unsere Mandantin, ein renommiertes und fÃ¼hrendes Unternehmen im KonsumgÃ¼terumfeld sucht eine/n erfahrene/n, kompetente/n und sprachbegabte/n International Produkt- / Marketing Manager D/E * (Fest) Sie sind in stÃ¤ndigem Kontakt mit …
Mosaik Consulting – AdministraciÃ³n