Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 21 Dec 2018
I. Organizational Context and Scope
IOM has played a major role in humanitarian shelter operations for many decades. IOM’s unique position as an intergovernmental organization allows it to work at scale in both natural disasters and conflict / complex contexts. In this capacity IOM works in both operations and coordination, and plays a strong role working with partners in support of national authorities.
In 2017, IOM’s Shelter programs reached approximately 5.2 million people affected by various types of disasters in 49 countries; NFIs were distributed to over 950,000 households (HH), 26,808 HH received cash-based assistance, 45,330 shelters were repaired along with 53,400 newly built shelters and nearly 11,231 individuals received shelter trainings. Additionally, IOM had a significant coordination role in 25 shelter country coordination mechanisms and takes an active role in the global shelter cluster and the shelter sector. IOM has also been involved in the Logistics Cluster actively.
Under the overall supervision of the Shelter and Settlements Specialist and the direct supervision of the Senior Shelter and Settlements Officer, the incumbent will focus on supporting the Shelter and Settlements team, IOM operations worldwide and other partners working in the logistics sector as well as shelter and settlements sector by helping through the duties and responsibilities detailed below.
II. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
III. Required Qualifications and Experience
· Master’s degree in Logistics/Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Architecture, Law, Development Studies, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
· University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
· Practical experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently.
Required: Fluency in English required.
Advantageous: Working knowledge of French.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must submit updated CV and cover letter (in PDF format in one file only with name and surname) to ShelterRecruitment@iom.int adding Shelter/NFI and Logistics Consultant in the subject line, no later than Friday, December 21. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.