Closing date: 28 Feb 2018
Role & Responsibilities
As part of the HQ Logistics team, you work under the supervision of the Logistics Manager and in a functional relationship with the other HQ departments. Develop and strengthen Medair’s Logistics capacity in the area of Logistics Country Program Support, Procurement, and contribute to the professional development of Logistics within Medair. Support field operations and assist in HQ functions as requested. You will also be able to deploy to emergency response within 24 hours for a specific period of time.
Medair Headquarters (HQ) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and HQ staff.
Based in Medair Headquarters, Ecublens, near Lausanne, Switzerland (with 20% of work time in field / emergency as requested by country programs).
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
· Advisor- Liaison with HQ and field country team members, especially Head of Country Programme, Finance, HR, Programme Officer and Logistics Manager of assigned country programs to provide logistics support and advice.
· Ensure procurement planning is in place for all projects. Oversee the implementation of and compliance with Medair logistics procedures, policies, and management tools; when necessary, propose improvements.
· Contribute to and validate the logistics component of proposals, budgets and project reports.
· Follow developments and changes in donor procedures, requirements, and guidelines.
· Develop, organize and give training to logistics staff both at HQ and in the field.
· Carry out field visits and assess adherence to logistics procedures, identify possible areas for improvement, develop and implement changed and new procedures where needed.
· Contribute to improvements of Medair’s logistics processes.
Business Process Expert
· Act as the BPE (Business Process Expert) for logistics related processes within Medair.
· Ensuring policies and procedures are developed, improved and kept up-to-date, serve as a reference point for questions, information, and training.
· Has a technical expertise of logistic field requirements (generators, equipment management, fleet, drivers etc).
· Emergency response capacity: ability to deploy in 24 hours to emergency response wave 1 or wave 2 as logistician in close relation with the head of emergency response.
· Understanding of emergency procedures and structure in country (Cluster approach, OCHA etc).
Team Spiritual Life
· Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
· Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
· Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
· Professional qualification in logistics or training in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Humanitarian Logistics or a related field. Certification in procurement would be desirable.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). Ideally, French.
Experience / Competencies
· Minimum two-year relevant logistics and management experience in emergency or development context at a coordination level.
· Knowledge of Humanitarian Essentials, Sphere and HAP Standards and other international humanitarian guidelines and protocols.
· Emergency response deployment experience as logistician and ability to work under pressure in difficult context conditions.
· Advanced planning, coordination, assessment, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Processes and procedures understanding and implementations (specifically procurement).
· Experience of logistics in a cross-cultural, challenging environment as well as training competency for logistics.
· Capacity to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and oversee multiple tasks.
· Excellent project management skills and strong leadership to lead cross functional projects.
· Prepared to undertake extensive field travel to country programmes for deployments; and willing to work in remote, basic conditions and insecure locations.
· Demonstrable knowledge of rules, regulations and donor policies governing the compliance / regulatory management of procurement rules from US, EU, UN and other agencies.
· Technical understanding of mechanical and communication equipment.
· Ability to communicate effectively with programme teams and be able to represent Medair with UN organizations, other international NGO’s and local authorities worldwide.
· Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
· For more senior / technical roles, some other nationalities may be eligible to apply.
· This is a HQ based position in Lausanne Switzerland, with up to 20% field / emergency deployment.
How to apply:
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
a) Medair organisational values.
b) Profiles sought for International Headquarters staff.
c) Benefits Package provided for International Headquarters staff.
To apply, then:
a) go to our Current Vacancies page
b) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile)
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Organization: International Committee of the Red Cross
Closing date: 31 Jan 2018
Purpose of the post
This position sits within the Talent Acquisition and Sourcing Unit (TAQ), which is in charge of sourcing, attracting and recruiting specialist and generalist staff to meet the ICRC’s global talent needs.
The Geneva based Global HR Marketing Coordinator works closely with the Head of HR Marketing Unit (HRMK). Supporting our global talent attraction activities the postholder will own team support tasks including implementing a centralised activity and budget planning and monitoring system; improving communication flows between teams; creating and sharing team metrics. The postholder is also the project lead for a key candidate interaction project: overhauling our careers site and improving candidate application experience.
These tasks are combined with responsibility for delivering the normal HR Marketing Officer role for Switzerland mainly – positioning the ICRC in the region as a leading humanitarian employer of choice through a mix of HR Marketing activities targeting the right talent available in the short, medium and long term wherever they are to be found.
Main duties and responsibilities
Online Candidate Experience Project
Metrics & Reporting
Education and experience required
Desired profile and skills
For further details, please contact Markus Dolder (hiring manager) and/or Aleksandra Popovic (recruiter).
How to apply:
To apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/2mT9f6q
Organization: World Trade Organization
Closing date: 31 Jan 2018
The Secretariat of the WTO is seeking to fill a position of Training Officer in the Institute for Training and Technical Cooperation.
The Institute for Training and Technical Cooperation (ITTC) coordinates the WTO’s technical assistance and training to assist beneficiary countries in enhancing trade capacity, addressing trade policy issues, integrating into the multilateral trading system, exercising the rights of the WTO membership and fully participating in multilateral trade negotiations.
Under the overall supervision of the ITTC Director and the direct supervision of a more senior professional in the Geneva-based Courses Unit, the incumbent will assume the following responsibilities:
An advanced university degree in Law, Economics, International Relations or other relevant areas.
Knowledge and Skills:
Solid knowledge of the economic and legal principles underpinning the WTO Agreements and system.
Familiarity with adult learning principles. Good knowledge transfer and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to lead and interact with course participants.
The following interpersonal capabilities are required: present technical facts to knowledgeable specialised audiences; persuade others to a point of view using facts; face and cope with conflict situations with colleagues; work as a member of a team, relating to others, while working independently to achieve his/her objectives; initiate and build relationships with a variety of people both inside and outside the organization; communicate complex abstract ideas to an audience of informed people and understand ideas when communicated by others.
A minimum of two years of professional experience in an area related to trade policy, preferably in a multilateral environment, is required. Trade-related work experience in a national administration and a practical understanding of the situations confronted by LDCs and/or African countries will be significant assets.
French mother tongue and excellent knowledge of English are required; working knowledge of Spanish is desirable.
How to apply:
Only applications from nationals of WTO Members will be accepted.
The WTO may use various communication technologies such as video or teleconference for the assessment and evaluation of candidates. The recruitment process may also involve the use of various forms of testing, assessment centres, interviews and reference checks.
APPLICANTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO SIT A WRITTEN EXAMINATION
APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY IF SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW
Please note that all candidates must complete an online application form.
To apply, please visit the WTO’s E-Recruitment website at: https://erecruitment.wto.org.
The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE
CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
The WTO is a non-smoking environment.
Organization: UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Closing date: 30 Jan 2018
Org. Setting and Reporting
In emergencies, OCHA communications officers at headquarters (HQ) and in disaster or conflict situations play a key role in ensuring the humanitarian community speaks coherently and sends appropriate and consistent messages through the media. This helps OCHA rapidly mobilize the political will, funding, supplies and equipment to relieve suffering and help people rebuild their lives. Our spokespersons coordinate with partners to develop key messages that define the overall impact, needs and required response – whether in terms of advocacy or practical aid provision. Key messages are developed in consultation with colleagues in-country, to ensure that the Emergency Relief Coordinator (ERC), Resident/ Humanitarian Coordinator (R/HC) and others convey up-to-the-minute, clear and consistent information.
OCHA also assists the media by ensuring that regular joint press briefings are held, bringing together representatives from across the humanitarian community. It also ensures that speakers are available for interviews in various languages, and helps media access key decision makers and aid operations, especially in hard-to-access locations. Through our communications network, OCHA works with a variety of partners in local, regional and international media to ensure that decision makers and the public read, hear or watch balanced coverage of current relief operations, brewing emergencies or forgotten crises.
Situated within the Strategic Communications branch, this internship will be located in the Media Relations section (MRS). This internship will be based in Geneva, Switzerland, and the intern will be under the general guidance and direct supervision of the Public Information officer/ Spokesperson. The internship is being offered for period of six (6) months, with a commencement date starting as soon as possible.
In general, the intern shall support communication, advocacy and public information activities of the Branch.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background and duties may include but are not limited to assisting implementation of activities to publicize priority issues and/ or major events, coordination and planning of media outreach efforts, monitoring and reporting on progress against defined outputs and analysing the outcome; compiling daily media monitoring capturing news and opinions of relevance to OCHA’s operations and reputation; identifying issues and trends, and offering suggestions on appropriate action/responses; supporting activities to promote media coverage (e.g. press conferences, interviews, ad verbatim transcripts and other special activities) of priority issues and/ or major events; supporting OCHA’s Integrated Spokesperson’s Office unit/ Media Relations section in Geneva in preparing twice-weekly press briefings; editing and proof-reading web stories from the field as required; editing and re-working OCHA-generated public information material for social media; contributing toward all stages of production of information products (e.g. press kits, press releases, feature articles, speeches, booklets, brochures, backgrounders, audio-visual materials etc.); initiating and sustaining professional relationships with key constituencies; and performing tasks requested by supervisor, as appropriate.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Applicants who are unable to commence the internship within one year of graduation shall not be accepted.
The University degree must be in the area of communication, journalism, international relations, public administration or in a related field.
In your Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experience, if any; IT skills and three (3) references. Due to high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
A person who is the child or sibling of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the UN. An applicant who bears to a staff member any other family relationship may be engaged as an intern, provided that he or she shall not be assigned to the same work unit of the staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of the staff member. For purposes of this advertisement, “child” means (i) the child of a staff member; (ii) the child of the spouse of a staff member (stepchild); and (iii) the spouse of a child of a staff member or a staff member’s spouse (son- or daughter-in-law). “Sibling” includes the child of both or either parent of a staff member and the child.
In line with the United Nations Internship programme, the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs-(OCHA) internship provides a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds gain exposure to the work of the United Nations through assignment to offices within the Secretariat. The Programme endeavours to attract qualified students, offering them an opportunity to enrich their educational experience through exposure to the work of the Organization. Equally, it provides the Office with the assistance of students specialized in various professional fields. The internship is an unpaid and full-time opportunity and the intern must adhere to the established official weekly working hours of the duty station where it is based with one hour for a lunch break.
For more information on the Programme, please visit https://www.unog.ch, qualified individuals may apply directly to this and other United Nations Secretariat opportunities at https://careers.un.org
United Nations Considerations
How to apply:
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 31 Jan 2018
Position Title : Programme Officer, Preparedness and Response Division
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 31 January 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Preparedness and Response Division, the successful candidate will be supporting Preparedness and Response Division (PRD) core functions, with a focus on results based management within the division, as well as monitoring and reporting the use and application of core funding earmarked towards humanitarian capacity development, including all institutional and administrative aspects of core support from the UK.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience, or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience
• Experience in IOM emergency programming with strong knowledge of IOM/UN project life cycles;
• Strong combination of training and experience in the field of operations, and working experience in complex environments;
• Experience in liaising with government authorities and local communities, as well as national and international institutions;
• Experience of working in conflict situations and heading field offices or sub-offices is a distinct advantage;
• Familiarity with IOM/UN administrative and financial management.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 31 January 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 18.01.2018 to 31.01.2018
Requisition: VN 2018/19 (P) – Programme Officer, PRD (P3) – Geneva, Switzerland (55320528) Released
Posting: Posting NC55320530 (55320530) Released ”
Organization: UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Closing date: 29 Jan 2018
The UK Mission in Geneva forms part of a world-wide network of 230 Diplomatic Missions, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Our Corporate Services Team is responsible for delivering financial, HR, estates, procurement, IT, security and protocol services to approximately 70 Staff at the UK Mission to the United Nations in Geneva.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and motivated team member who can become an integral part of the Corporate Services Team.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
General administration related to (but not limited to): Importation of personal effects; Customs clearance of motor vehicles; Registration under the reciprocal healthcare scheme.
Complete application process for: Identity cards; United Nations passes; Duty free petrol cards;
Miscellaneous: General administrative support; Deputising for colleagues in Corporate Services Team.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
Enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
Fluency in English and French;
1-2 years experience in an office environment;
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus;
Ability to work with contacts and colleagues at all levels;
Personal drive and the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team; Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail; Comprehensive IT skills, including Excel.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
Knowledge of online databases (Oracle etc.)
Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a full-time position, for a fixed term contract of 2 years.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
Please note that you must have the right to work and reside in Switzerland without visa sponsorship. (For information: EU nationals do not require visa sponsorship).
Staff recruited locally by the UK Mission in Geneva are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Swiss employment law.
How to apply:
We do not accept cvs. We only accept applications through our software. To apply please follow this link:
Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 02 Feb 2018
Objective of the internship
Assist the Partnership Section in the preparations leading up to the Annual Consultations with NGOs and help to finalize the report after the Consultations.
Other additional tasks not directly relevant to the organisation of the Consultations might be required to be provided to assist the Partnership Section (taking notes in meetings, preparing briefing kits…).
A full description of the terms of reference can be downloaded here.
How to apply:
ASUP GmbH sucht in bundesweit eine/n Fachberater / Key Account Manager (m/w) Kraftwerke (ID-Nummer:**2) Unser Team sucht Verstärkung! ASUP GmbH – der Komplettausrüster für Sanierer und Entsorger – ist seit fast 20 Jahren spezialisier…
ASUP GmbH – Administración
Für unseren Kunden, ein renommiertes Unternehmen im Kanton Zug, suchen wir per sofort oder nach Vereinbarung eine/n Bilanzsichere/r Treuhänder/in D/E*% Ihre Herausforderung Finanzbuchhaltung Kreditoren / Zahlungswesen Debitoren /…
Für ein innovatives Unternehmen in der Region Bern, suchen wir nach Vereinbarung für einen langfristigen temporären Einsatz einen: Mitarbeiter Unterhalt Betriebsmittel im Tagesbetrieb*% (m/w) Ihre Hauptaufgaben: Durchführen von In…
Werden Sie Teil von uns Spezialistin / Spezialist Kreditadministration für internationale Kunden, Basel #** Schweiz-Nordwestschweiz-Basel | Vollzeit | Private Banking and Wealth Management | Stellen ID** Die Credit Suisse ist ein w…
Credit Suisse – Administración
Bewerbung starten mit LinkedIn Bewerbung starten mit Facebook Bewerbung starten mit Xing Jetzt bewerben Bitte warten… Standort: Ebikon, Luzern, CH Ausschreibungs ID:*95 Standort: Ebikon, Luzern, Schweiz Anforderungs-ID:*95 Schindler… – Administración