Closing date: 15 Mar 2019
Role & Responsibilities
The Senior GERO is available for immediate deployment for rapid response operations to provide team leadership in the field with county level coordination, donors and partner organisations, design of strategy, and ensure overall quality of the rapid response. The Emergency Response Team Leader also serves as the main focal point to ensure effective communication with headquarters during the response.
New rapid operational responses comprise around 7% of the annual Medair portfolio budget and could involve up to three responses per year.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support office, Lausanne, Switzerland (Negotiable) with up to 80% in the field per year.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. 70 to 100% (negotiable), open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Rapid Response Management – Field Deployment:
· Lead strategic planning and ensure implementation of assessments, quick impact projects, etc.
· Ensure adherence to county policies pursuing registration and permissions from local authorities.
· Strong current analysis of humanitarian and political developments in the country.
· Develop accountable contact with the field representatives of the relevant funding partners.
· Coordinate the design of project plans and writing of proposals.
· Ensure Medair is represented in relevant cluster and coordination meetings.
Accountability & Communication
· Ensure monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the implementation of the planned activities.
· Support the external communication needed within the team through the Field Communication Officer.
· Submit daily, weekly or monthly situation reports as per the need.
· Ensure minimum financial processes are carried out in a timely manner during a rapid response.
· Ensure financial controls are in place and complied with to ensure cost effective spending.
· Ensure analysis of projected cash flow and that timely cash requests are sent to HQ as needed.
· Ensure security management during the rapid response based on adherence to security policy.
· Ensure that security location plans are up-to-date and that a good system for briefings is maintained.
· Ensure appropriate Field Crisis Management capacity as described in Medair’s Crisis Management Plan.
Human Resource Management
· Encourage a working and living environment in line with Medair values that supports the general well-being of all staff.
· Ensure compliance with National Labour Law where applicable.
Networking & Influence
· Develop and maintain good working relationships with relevant authorities and other stakeholders.
Strategic Planning & Preparedness
· Support the development of SOPs, policies, templates, toolkits, and other modules to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Medair rapid response teams globally.
· Support Medair County Programmes to respond to new emergencies.
· Utilize technical expertise in areas of humanitarian response to grow Medair and specifically the Global ERT into new areas and styles of programming such as with inclusion of cash distributions.
Training & Capacity Building
· Support the development of training plans for building the capacity of Medair staff in emergencies.
Communication, Networking & Influencing
· Support relationship building among humanitarian aid and other relevant networks in order to share good practice, stay informed on current humanitarian aid trends, and elevate the visibility of Medair.
· Establish strategic, and constructive relationships with aid and humanitarian agencies at regional and headquarter levels to facilitate strategic, principled, appropriate and timely humanitarian response.
Team Spiritual Life
· Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
· Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
· Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Relevant university degree (Bachelor). Training in security risk management / staff management.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
· 5-7 years relevant post qualification experience, of which 2-3 years’ should be humanitarian experience including at least one initial emergency response and set-up phase and 2 years of experience in senior management in humanitarian context.
· Experience in networking with donors; proven ability to secure, manage and report on grants.
· Proven experience in project cycle management and programme funding.
· Good communication skills. Excellent diplomatic, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of humanitarian context, sector standards, Sphere standards, CHS and protection issues.
· Ability to give direction and leadership during field deployments.
· Strong coordination skills to bring multiple stakeholders together and come to decisions or actions.
· Strong strategic, planning, organizational and time management skills.
How to apply:
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
a) Medair organisational values.
b) Profiles sought and Benefits Package for Global Support Office Staff.
a) go to our Current Vacancies page
b) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 21 Feb 2019
Position Title : Intern – International Partnerships Division (IPD)
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Intern, Grade OTHE
Type of Appointment : Internship, Two months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 21 February 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Department of International Cooperation and Partnerships (ICP) at IOM HQs is responsible for providing guidance, supporting and coordinating the Organization’s relations with IOM Member and Observer States, intergovernmental organizations, civil society and the media, as well as governmental, multilateral and private sector donors.
The International Partnerships Division (IPD) division within the ICP Department the institutional focal point for Organization’s relations with inter-state consultation mechanisms on migration (ISCMs), non-UN inter-governmental organizations, NGOs, and IOM observer organizations. Thematically IPD provides guidance on migration dialogues, mixed migration flows and migration scenario building.
The successful candidate will assist IPD’s work on ISCMs, including the ISCM Assessment and the Eighth global consultation of principal ISCMs (known as GRCP 8). The ISCM Assessment aims to measure the ISCMs’ continued relevance and contribution to migration governance at all levels (national, regional and international) and the synergies among ISCMs and with other regional actors. GRCP 8 will bring together all ISCMs to identify actionable recommendations on enhanced ISCMs’ impact on migration governance.
The successful candidate will work under the overall guidance of the Head of IPD and the direct supervision of the IPD Migration Policy Officer, and in cooperation with other colleagues at IOM Headquarters and Field Offices.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head of IPD and IPD Migration Policy Officer, the successful candidate will pursue the following duties and responsibilities within the IPD division:
Training components and Learning Elements
The successful candidate will be trained as he/she works (on-the-job-training). It is estimated
(i) The work of inter-State consultation mechanism on migration;
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University Degree in international Relations, Social Science, Political Science, Law or a relevant from an accredited academic institution.
• Computer literacy, especially database tools;
• Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines;
• Strong organizational skills; practical experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently;
• Ability to familiarize with Organizational structures and modus operandi;
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge in French is an advantage.
Eligibility and Selection
In general, the Internship Programme aims at attracting talented students and graduates who:
a) have a specific interest in, or whose studies have covered, areas relevant to IOM
programmes and activities;
b) are either students approaching the end of their studies and preparing a thesis, or recently graduated, who have less than two years of relevant working experience.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and additional enquiries will only be addressed if the candidate is shortlisted.
• Depending on experience and location, IOM provides a small monthly stipend to help offset costs.
• Please consider the cost of living in Geneva prior to applying.
• Applications must be submitted by 21 February 2019
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences;
encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 21 February 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 15.02.2019 to 21.02.2019
Requisition: INT2019/05- Intern- International Partnerships Division(IPD)- Geneva,Switzerland
Posting: Posting NC55836536 (55836536) Released
Kompetenz verbindet www.axonlab.com Wir sind ein fortschrittliches und kundenorientiertes Dienstleistungsunternehmen mit AktivitÃ¤ten in den Bereichen Medizinische Diagnostik, Life Science und einer eigens entwickelten SoftwarelÃ¶sung fÃ¼…
Axon Lab AG – AdministraciÃ³n
Modeberater 50% (m/w) per sofort oder nach Vereinbarung, Marc Cain, Kramgasse 81,*1 Bern Ihre Hauptaufgaben Sie bedienen und beraten aktiv unsere anspruchsvolle Kundschaft Sie sind mitverantwortlich fÃ¼r ein ausgezeichnetes und unv…
Mode Bayard AG – ComunicaciÃ³n, Publicidad, Medios
Promoter ? anders, als man es kennt Dein TÃ¤tigkeitsgebiet umfasst unter anderem die DurchfÃ¼hrung von Field Marketing fÃ¼r renommierte, internationale Marken sowie die professionelle PrÃ¤sentation und proaktive Vermarktung des Kundenprodukts…
FACE2FACE GmbH – Marketing
Zu den Hauptaufgaben in dieser Position gehÃ¶ren u.a.: SelbstÃ¤ndige Akquisition von Neukunden im KMU-Bereich Verkaufsberatung vor Ort bei den Kunden zur ganzen Produktepalette von mobilezone B2B PersÃ¶nliche Betreuung des eigenen regionale…
mobilezone ag – AdministraciÃ³n
In dieser spannenden Funktion sind Sie mitverantwortlich fÃ¼r die Weiterentwicklung und den Betrieb der globalen Server- und Backupinfrastruktur in mehreren Rechenzentren sowie der Koordination und UnterstÃ¼tzung der IT Administratoren in uns…
Rieter – ComunicaciÃ³n, Publicidad, Medios
Dein Verantwortungs- und Gestaltungsbereich Planung, Konzeption und DurchfÃ¼hrung von E2E*Â° Vermarktungskampagnen mit Fokus auf Kundenbindung/Retention unter Einbezug der betroffenen Fachbereiche sowie der lokalen Quickline Partner Aufb…
Quickline AG – AdministraciÃ³n
Dieser Verantwortung stellen Sie sich gerne: Als zeitlich beschrÃ¤nkte VerstÃ¤rkung mit Aussicht auf eine Festanstellung suchen wir einen ausgewiesenen FPGA Spezialisten, der sich im Bereich Digital Signal Processing auskennt und seinen Dri…
Thales – InformÃ¡tica, Sistemas, Internet
Im Hochschulpraktikum erschaffst du Weltklasse-Kommunikation: Du planst, produzierst und publizierst Werbe- sowie Produktfilme. Was du bewegst Bei Swisscom Marketing & Image Communications arbeitest du bei der Realisation und Publikation …
Swisscom – Marketing
Die AWAG Elektrotechnik AG ist seit mehr als 80 Jahren ein schweizweit fÃ¼hrender Anbieter von intelligenten LÃ¶sungen fÃ¼r die Elektroinstallation, die Automation und die industrielle Elektronik mit Sitz in Volketswil bei ZÃ¼rich. Zur ErgÃ¤nz…
AWAG Elektrotechnik AG
TÃ¤tigkeits-Schwerpunkt: Sie finden ein optimales Arbeitsumfeld vor, das Ihnen ermÃ¶glicht, Patienten in einem hohen Grad an SelbstÃ¤ndigkeit und Zeit zu betreuen. Als FachÃ¤rztin / Facharzt betreuen Sie Patienten stationÃ¤r wie auch ambulant …