Organization: Nonviolent Peaceforce
Closing date: 25 Jul 2019
Job Title: Group Financial Controller
Job Group: Programme Support
Duty Station: Geneva – Head Office
Administrative Line Manager: Group Operations Director
Technical Line Manager: Group Operations Director
Line management responsibility: Finance Officer
The Group Financial Controller is responsible for Nonviolent Peaceforce’s (NP) group financial planning, budgeting and reporting together with the Group’s financial policies, procedures and internal financial controls. The role also includes responsibility for the Group’s Treasury function and the financial records of NP’s Head Office in Geneva. In addition, it is responsible for the oversight and support of NP USA’s finance function.
The Group Financial Controller is a member of the Group Operations team and expected to play a constructive and pro-active role in it.
NP’s aim is that all its functions should operate according to NP’s values and best practice standards for its size and mission as defined by both the non-profit and with-profit sectors. In this role, the values of honesty, integrity and prudence are particularly important.
NP currently has a Head Office in Geneva, a fundraising and advocacy function in the USA and operates 4 country programmes: South Sudan, Iraq, Myanmar and the Philippines. The South Sudan programme accounts for 60% of Group activity. NP consists of 4 legal entities: NP Switzerland, NP France, NP Belgium and NP USA and through common Board membership constitutes a Group. Annual Group income is c. €14m. Total staff number 275 and are culturally very diverse, reflecting NP’s experience that it achieves its best outcomes when it has diverse teams. There are significant opportunities for increasing impact and extending the geographical reach of its programmes.
The Head Office finance staff additionally consist of:
The other roles making-up the Group Operations team are:
The role is responsible for:
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Member of a well-respected international professional accounting body with a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience. This must include the experience of:
· Experience of working in the international relief and development sector and with institutional donors
· Experience of the key principles and issues involved in Fundraising
· Empathy and commitment to the work of Nonviolent Peaceforce and its values
· Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
· Ability to exercise independent judgement balanced with the flexibility required to be part of a team
· Organisation: an ability to prioritise tasks, analyse problems and then devise and execute responses
Management and Interpersonal:
· NP is culturally very diverse and a positive view of other cultures together with a proven ability to work and manage across cultures is critical
· A high level of inter-personal skills including emotional intelligence and a proven ability to build relationships
Willingness to travel:
· An ability and willingness to travel to insecure regions should the need arise
· Fluency in written and spoken English. NP’s organisational language is English and the nature of the role requires the ability to communicate concisely, clearly and with precision in English.
How to apply: