Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières en Suisse
Closing date: 02 Apr 2019
Context & Mission
The Procurement team within the Supply Chain Unit of the Operational Centre of MSF in Geneva is responsible for providing support:
- to the various departments of the Geneva/Zurich HQ in the realization of their purchases of goods and services, from the expression of their need to the contract finalization with the selected supplier.
- to the field missions during market assessments activities as well as for the supply of goods purchased from the HQ in Geneva for the field.
As a Procurement Intern, you will manage the archiving of HQ contracts, the analysis of purchasing volume / data, as well as the management of certain purchasing files in collaboration with the stakeholders.
You will also support the project named “Fournisseur Genève” aiming to improve our activity to supply goods for the field, in which you will set up an action plan/roadmap based on a report and recommendations done in 2018.
You will report to the Purchasing referent.
- Continuously update the contracts negotiated at Headquarters level in the contracts management system
- As part of the purchasing volume / data analysis, you will:
§ Analyze expenses to determine purchasing stakes,
§ Identify purchasing priorities,
§ Propose a strategy associated with each identified priority.
- Prepare and manage some RFP/RFQ for relevant stakeholders within the HQ. For each purchasing file, you will coordinate the procurement process with all stakeholders including:
§ Accompany the specifying departments in the need’s analysis: volumes, technical specifications and selection criteria,
§ Accompany specifying departments in the sourcing of potential suppliers,
§ Launch the tender processes and analyze the offers
§ Participate in selecting the most relevant supplier based on pre-established selection criteria.
- Support the implementation of the HQ Procurement Procedure and prepare some materials (information, training, supports, templates….)
- · In collaboration with the purveyor, prepare and manage an action plan / roadmap for the project « fournisseur Genève » based on the report and recommendations done in 2018. You will implement some of the actions identified.
Profile and skills sought
- Tripartite internship agreement is mandatory. Condition : https://www.ge.ch/engager-personne-stage/stages-formation-insertion).
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of MSF
- Master / Bachelor degree and specialization in Procurement obtained less than 12 months ago or in the process of obtaining
- Fluent in French and English
- Analytical and synthesis capacity
- Autonomy and initiative
- Proficiency in the management of data (Excel…)
Terms of employment
- Tripartite internship agreement is mandatory for the whole duration
- Fixed-term internship contract (9 months), full-time position (100%)
- Based in Geneva
- Ideal starting date: April 2019 Remuneration : CHF 2’000.- gross monthly
How to apply:
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in French or in English. Closing date for application is 2nd April 2019.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted**.**
Find out more about our organisation and job offers: http://www.msf.ch/travailler-avec-nous/