Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières en Suisse
Closing date: 29 Mar 2019
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent medical and humanitarian organisation that provides care to populations in need, to people affected by natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and regardless of their race, religion, belief or political affiliation (MSF Charter).
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centres supported by 24 sections and offices worldwide. MSF Operational Centre of Geneva is one of these centres. The operations are implemented by around 40 field teams, 20 mission coordination teams and organisational units based in Africa, Middle East, Asia and Central America.
This position reports to the Head of projects and applications, in the IT department. The IT Application Manager helps business to establish and implement business processes in applications part of his portfolio.
He manages releases, patches, and participates to projects.
- In charge of IT applications for medical purpose (eg. Pediatric Clinical Decision support software)
- Work closely with business in order to have a good understanding of the business requirements, business stakes, benefits, constraints, interdependencies.
- Ensure the consistency of the evolutions, propose change requests when needed
- Is responsible of the change request process (requirements, specifications, quotation, delivery, validation)
- Manage supplier to ensure delivery is made on time and budget
- Give support to the end-users for the good usage of applications
- Ensure the availability and quality of the solution. Build and deploy the test strategy.
- Liaise with the IT infrastructure and operations team to ensure the high availability of applications
- Deliver application’s documentation and formal reporting.
- Could manage small projects or participate to projects as contributor, under project manager’s responsibility
- Coordinate communication with all areas and stakeholders of the organization impacted by activities.
- Ensure coherence and good cooperation within the IT team.
- Deliver documentation and formal reporting.
- Install software executables on tablets, initializing software user accounts, collaborate with the technical team administrating the tablets.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field
- Min 5 years of work experience in IT department
- Experience with mobile device management
- Experience in an international environment is a plus
- Strong knowledge in application lifecycle management
- Experienced in Web and mobile development
- Good understanding and interest for Medical activities
- Ability to analyse and document processes and systems
- Autonomous and very well organized
- Flexible, pro-active, excellent team player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Committed to MSF values
- Fluent in French, comfortable in English
Terms of Employment
- Open-ended contract, full-time position
- Based in Geneva
- Starting date : as soon as possible
- Gross annual salary : CHF 90’576.- to CHF 103’932.- (salary commensurate with experience and internal salary grid)
How to apply:
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: – CV 2 p. max.- letter of motivation 1p. max. – in French or in English. Closing date for application is 29th March 2019.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted**.**