Organization: Union for International Cancer Control (UICC)
Closing date: 04 Jan 2019
Job title: Partnership Manager, Pharmaceutical and Insurance sector
The Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) is a membership organisation that leads the global health community accelerate the fight against cancer. UICC unites and supports the cancer community to reduce the global cancer burden, to promote greater equity, and to integrate cancer control into the world heath and development agenda.
Founded in 1933 and based in Geneva, UICC’s growing membership of over 1,100 organisations across 170 countries, features the world’s major cancer societies, ministries of health, research institutes and patient groups.
Fostering inclusive partnerships represents the foundation of how UICC operates and delivers impact. This is why we work hand in hand with a variety of stakeholders to drive transformational changes and make progress in the fight against cancer. Our portfolio of partnerships includes cancer organisations, foundations, and private sector companies with which we have developed long-term commitments based on shared ambitions.
Team Summary: Members and Partners Development (MAP)
The MAP team works in partnership with all teams to nurture and engage our membership base and execute an effective resource mobilization strategy for UICC’s sustainable operations.
In the past years, UICC has developed a dynamic membership network with increased engagement from members all around the world and successful partnerships with more than 50 partners.
MAP team focuses its efforts on:
· Growing the membership base and increasing the engagement level of our members through a regional approach and key global initiatives
· Diversifying our funding sources and exploring new partners that share our mission and values
· Deepening our existing partnerships to continuously create value that serves our members and partners
Summary of Position
UICC is strengthening its partnership development capacity to support its plans and we are looking for highly qualified Partnership Development Manager who have proven track record in successful resource mobilization and partnership building experience.
The Partnership Development Manager will fundraise and develop/manage long term strategic partnerships with UICC members/partners and other organisations and work closely with the Director of MAP team to develop effective strategies within our existing partnership structure.
The holders of these positions work with the teams across UICC and other external partners to deliver successful fundraising activities targeted at companies, foundations, cancer organizations, and high net worth individuals.
· Focus on the development of partnership, fundraising and relationship building with the private sector, in particular with the pharmaceutical and insurance companies.
· Develop deep relationships with pharmaceutical and insurance companies as partners; deepen the understanding of partners’ strategies related to external relations, global affairs, public policies, patient support and engagement, and corporate social responsibilities as well as the overall business priorities and focus.
· Work closely with the Director and the Senior Partnership Manager to support the development of the partnership and fundraising strategy and annual plan.
· Continuously develop tailor-made proposals that would grow and maximize the partnership opportunities and would accelerate achieving UICC’s mission as well as partners’ objectives and strategic vision.
· Produce systematic progress reports in line with the partners’ requirements.
· Work together with other teams at UICC, in particular with the advocacy and the capacity building team to develop and design fundraising approaches that fully utilize UICC’s suite of existing services, platforms and channels.
· Proactively seek and explore fund raising opportunities, including identifying prospects and building relationships.
· Provide clear and insightful written analyses for fund raising opportunities and partnership building, including keeping a breast of trends on pharmaceutical developments, as well as innovation in the sector.
· Proactively build relationships and networks with industry leaders.
· Execute fundraising campaigns and event sponsorship campaigns.
· Serve as a point of contact for fundraising for UICC key initiatives that are assigned to this position.
Skills and competencies
· An advanced university degree with a minimum of 7 years proven track record of fundraising in a non-profit organisation/ international organisation or experience in relevant private sector departments (i.e. Global affairs, CSR, etc)
· Proven ability to meet fundraising targets and develop successful public-private partnerships
· Excellent relationship manager
· Good knowledge of global health and pharmaceutical/ insurance industry
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience developing comprehensive proposals
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a small, multicultural, dynamic team
· Demonstrated ability to organise/prioritise work and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands
· Demonstrated ability to maximize the growth potential of partnerships
· Existing connections and network within the global health and pharmaceutical industry, desirable
· Eligible to work in Switzerland
· Fluency in English
How to apply:
Applicants must be eligible to work in Switzerland.
Send your CV and motivation letter explaining how you think your skills and experience make you a strong candidate for this position and CV to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 4 January 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.