Organization: Union for International Cancer Control (UICC)
Closing date: 04 Jan 2019
Job title: Partnership Manager, Foundations and Non-profit sector
The Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) is a membership organisation that leads the global health community accelerate the fight against cancer. UICC unites and supports the cancer community to reduce the global cancer burden, to promote greater equity, and to integrate cancer control into the world heath and development agenda.
Founded in 1933 and based in Geneva, UICC’s growing membership of over 1,100 organisations across 170 countries, features the world’s major cancer societies, ministries of health, research institutes and patient groups.
Fostering inclusive partnerships represents the foundation of how UICC operates and delivers impact. This is why we work hand in hand with a variety of stakeholders to drive transformational changes and make progress in the fight against cancer. Our portfolio of partnerships includes cancer organisations, foundations, and private sector companies with which we have developed long-term commitments based on shared ambitions.
Team Summary: Members and Partners Development (MAP)
The MAP team works in partnership with all teams to nurture and engage our membership base and execute an effective resource mobilization strategy for UICC’s sustainable operations.
In the past years, UICC has developed a dynamic membership network with increased engagement from members all around the world and successful partnerships with more than 50 partners.
MAP team focuses its efforts on:
· Growing the membership base and increasing the engagement level of our members through a regional approach and key global initiatives
· Diversifying our funding sources and exploring new partners that share our mission and values
· Deepening our existing partnerships to continuously create value that serves our members and partners
Summary of Position
UICC is strengthening its partnership development capacity to support its plans and we are looking for highly qualified Partnership Development Manager who has proven track record in successful resource mobilization and partnership building experience.
The Partnership Development Managers will fundraise and develop/manage long term strategic partnerships with UICC members/partners and other organisations. S/he will work closely with the Director of MAP team to develop effective strategies within our existing partnership structure.
The holders of these positions work with the teams across UICC and other external partners to deliver successful fundraising activities targeted at companies, foundations, cancer organizations, and high net worth individuals.
· Focus on the development of partnerships, fundraising and relationship building with the global and local philanthropic foundations, including major development foundations, family foundations and high net worth individuals.
· Proactively seek and explore fund raising opportunities, including grant challenges and awards.
· Provide clear and insightful written analyses and recommendations for fund raising and building partnerships with philanthropic foundations and high net worth individuals, including keeping abreast of global trends on resource mobilization in the health sector as well as in individual givings.
· Develop comprehensive and compelling major proposals tailor made to the potential funders’ strategy, objectives and frameworks.
· Work closely with the MAP Director to support the development of the partnership and fundraising strategy and annual plan.
· Produce systematic progress and final reports in line with the partners’ requirements.
· Proactively build relationships and networks with Swiss based philanthropic foundations, intermediaries and philanthropic department of corporations including major banks.
· Execute fundraising campaigns and event sponsorship campaigns.
· Work together with other teams at UICC, in particular with the advocacy and the capacity building team to develop and design fundraising approaches that fully utilize UICC’s suite of existing services, platforms and channels. ..
· Establish, maintain and strengthen relations with key UICC funding partners, members, the Board of Directors and other external stakeholders.
· Serve as a point of contact for fundraising for UICC key initiatives that are assigned to this position.
Skills and competencies
· An advanced university degree with a minimum of 7 years proven track record of fundraising in a non-profit organisation or an international organisation
· Proven ability to meet fundraising targets
· Excellent proposal writer: proven ability to develop comprehensive proposals, including result frameworks, impact pathways, budget narrative and problem statements etc.
· Good knowledge of philanthropic sector – foundations, CSR departments and high net worth individuals
· Good knowledge of global health and development
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a small, multicultural, dynamic team
· Demonstrated ability to organise/prioritise work and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands
· Demonstrated ability to maximize the growth potential of partnerships
· Existing connections and network within the global health and development community, European philanthropic sector desirable
· Eligible to work in Switzerland
· Fluency in English
How to apply:
Applicants must be eligible to work in Switzerland.
Send your CV and motivation letter explaining how you think your skills and experience make you a strong candidate for this position and CV to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 4 January 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.