Organization: International Catholic Center of Geneva
Closing date: 07 Dec 2018
*Please note that this position will be opened upon approval of project proposal by donors.*
EMPLOYER: International Catholic Center of Geneva (CCIG)
TITLE OF THE MANDATE: Project Manager and Fundraiser
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Consultancy
RESPONSIBLE TO: CCIG Secretary General and Board
STARTING DATE: January 2019
ENDING DATE: March 2020
ACTIVITY RATE: 20% corresponding to 56 workdays (flexibility required depending on the phase of the project)
PLACE: CCIG Office, rue de Varembé 1, 1202 Geneva (Switzerland)
SUMMARY OF THE MANDATE
The primary focus of the Consultant’s work will be: Management of Projects and Fundraising.
Specific services shall include:
- Management and Reporting of the project titled “Strengthening Bolivia’s civil society in the context of the 2019 Universal Periodic Review (UPR)”.
- Fundraising, including preparation of funding applications.
Implementation of project activities (based in Geneva and possible travel in Bolivia):
Responsible for providing logistical support for project activities (e.g. the organization of meetings, travels and training sessions for NGO representatives).
Ensuring compliance to project control processes and maintains/improves long term planning based on internal & external benchmarks (follow the project expenses and cash flow, monitor project deliverables, provide reliable data and analyses).
Preparation and supervision of invoices, receipts and other evidences of expenditure.
Coordination with CCIG Accountant to ensure that project incomes and expenditures are correctly reflected in CCIG annual financial report, in accordance with donors’ requirements.
Coordination with CCIG Secretary General and Board Members to continuously update on financial situation of project and upcoming risks & opportunities.
Intermediate and final reporting to donors (narrative and financial reports).
Research and Prepare package of information for training sessions in the field (including UN documents and other materials);
Miscellaneous office tasks and organizational duties.
Preparation of at least one new funding proposal.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Fundraising: Maintain timely and consistent contact with current donors and potential donors.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. international relations, international law, human rights, development and cooperation, multicultural communication.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in international NGOs’ environment, in particular in the field of project management.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with Catholic-inspired NGOs is highly valued.
- Experience in fundraising for international NGOs desirable.
· Proven ability to relate to international NGOs and its local members working in the Development and Human Rights.
· Ability to interface easily and be able to deliver clear and actionable analysis to both CCIG Secretary general and CCIG Accountant.
· Understanding of Budgeting processes.
· Knowledge of fund raising/development practices, standards, and reporting.
· Understanding of Advocacy work within the UN system for the promotion and protection of human rights, including understanding of implications of NGO participation.
· Knowledge of the functioning of the Universal Periodic Review is highly valued.
· Personal computers, hardware, and software programs including; Word, Outlook, Excel.
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Advanced oral and written communication in English, French and Spanish.
· Work effectively without direct supervision.
· Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments.
For more information on CCIG, please consult our website at: www.ccig-iccg.org
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 7.