Organization: World Federation of United Nations Associations
Country: Switzerland, United States of America
Closing date: 31 Dec 2018
The World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA) is a global nonprofit organization working for a stronger and more effective United Nations. Established in 1946, we represent and coordinate a membership of over 100 United Nations Associations and their thousands of members. We work to build a better world by strengthening and improving the United Nations, through the engagement of people who share a global mindset and support international cooperation – global citizens. Our organization has offices at the UN Headquarters in New York and Geneva, as well as in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- The WIMUN Program Associate for Communications and Marketing is in charge of coordinating WIMUN’s marketing and communication strategy and social media presence for all conferences. He/she will work closely with WFUNA’s Model UN Coordinator and Model UN Program Associate, as well as with partners and volunteers who help organize WIMUN conferences.
- The position is based in WFUNA’s Geneva or New York office. He/she reports to WFUNA’s Model UN Coordinator.
- This is a full-time, paid position with benefits.
- Recruitment: The WIMUN Program Associate for Communications and Marketing is the main person responsible for WFUNA’s recruitment efforts for WIMUN conferences. He/she needs to develop strategies to retain previous participants, school delegations and partners while also increasing the number of new participants from year to year. This includes finding new partners, who bring large numbers of students to WIMUN conferences and negotiating contracts with them. He/she will also need to maintain WIMUN’s existing database of former and current participants.
- Social Media: The WIMUN Program Associate for Communications and Marketing will be the focal point for WIMUN’s social media presence including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Flicker, and Twitter. He/she will need to develop a coherent social media strategy that can be applied across different social media pages (e.g. Facebook pages for each WIMUN conference). He/she will also supervise the creation of social media calendars for each WIMUN conference and will work closely with partners and volunteers to ensure a unified and regular social media presence for WIMUN.
- Website and Newsletter: The WIMUN Program Associate for Communications and Marketing Associate will manage the WIMUN website (www.wimun.org) and update it regularly. He/she will work closely with WFUNA’s Digital Media & Communications Officer to ensure a successful integration of the WIMUN website into the WFUNA website. He/she will also send out regular newsletters with information about past events, upcoming WIMUN conferences, and other WIMUN related news.
Skills and Qualifications
- 1-2 years of documented work experience managing social media platforms, developing communication strategies, and outreach.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, e-mail marketing services, such as iContacts and Mailchimp, and web/social media analytics tools. Previous experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Previous experience with Model UN (and WIMUN in particular, is a plus).
- Previous experience with drafting and negotiating contracts, partnership agreements, and memorandums of understanding is a plus.
- Knowledge of the United Nations. Non-profit/civil society experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (French and/or Spanish are a plus).
- High energy, results-oriented self-starter who can involve and motivate key stakeholders, staff, and interns.
- Thrives in a multi-faceted, fast-paced, and challenging environment.
- Well-organized with close attention to detail and implementation.
- Strategic, progressive, and creative thinker.
- Ability to travel internationally frequently.
Candidates must possess a valid visa to work in the United States OR must hold citizenship of an EU member state, Switzerland, or any other country within EFTA.
Candidates with a US work visa will be placed in WFUNA’s New York office, while candidates with EU, Swiss, or any other EFTA citizenship will be placed in WFUNA’s Geneva office.
How to apply:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we will close the application on December 31, 2018.
Your application materials should be submitted in English. Please indicate “WIMUN Program Associate for Communications and Marketing” in the subject line of your email and consolidate your resume and cover letter into one document.
Due to the volume of applications received, please note that only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.