Organization: Geneva Call
Closing date: 30 Nov 2018
In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian organization, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non-State actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
The Head of Finance oversees the Finance Unit and provides financial analysis, training and strategic support to the Headquarters in Geneva and to the offices in regions where Geneva Call operates.
For all tasks: The job holder respects the confidentiality of all administrative, financial and HR information
Responsibility for the overall finance system:
· Review, contribute and prepare new programme budgets to be submitted to donors in close collaboration with the Programmes Manager, and the financial controllers;
· Report any information from field offices that is relevant to the Head of Regions and/or Directorate;
· Monitor the funding situation and prepare the funding grid at the end of each month;
· Strong entrepreneurial/self-starter spirit;
· Good knowledge of internal control mechanisms, projects and process implementations;
· In-depth knowledge of the financial rules and procedures of major international institutional donors (ECHO, DFID, EU, UN and others);
· English and French fluency;
· Experience with international donors highly desirable;
· Experience in finance management in the field;
· Strategic thinking, the ability to manage resources to optimise results, to empower and build trust, initiate action and change, manage performance and development, and be an influencer.
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève/Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
· Position: 100%
· CDI (open-ended) contract, based in Geneva
· Preferred start date: As soon as possible
How to apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV, work certificate/recommendation letter and diploma in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ref: “Headfin” no later than 30.11.2018.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.