Country: Switzerland, United States of America
Closing date: 30 Nov 2018
ThinkWell is a health systems development organization that is in a major growth phase. Our focus is on driving transformation in the global health space through navigating pathways that will lead to more effective use of public and private resources in the health sector and ultimately better health for all.
The Analyst position, based in our Washington DC office, will play an important role in the Strategic Purchasing for Primary Health Care (SP4PHC) program – a five-year program that aims to support countries in developing health financing strategies that use strategic purchasing to support the achievement of universal health coverage. Supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, ThinkWell is working to identify opportunities and co-design interventions with purchasers and policy makers in six countries (Indonesia, Philippines, Kenya, Burkina Faso, Pakistan and Uganda) to more effectively purchase family planning.
The successful candidate will have experience in coordinating projects in low- and middle-income countries. The candidate will be prepared to work independently, and as part of a small, high level, distributed team. Open, frank, routine communication will be a priority, using calls as well as project team software to build a collaborative environment within the team.
Job Location: This is a full-time position to be based in our Washington, DC office.
- Lead the development and monitoring of program work plans, including compilation, quality assurance, monitoring and analysis of key indicators
- Lead on interactions with Francophone countries (specifically Burkina Faso) and provide translation support as needed.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative data analysis in support of the project learning agenda
- Source data and information in support of technical projects
- Produce high quality prose and data visualization for analytical reports
- Provide spreadsheet analysis in support of project budgeting and expenditure as needed
- Draft technical blog pieces for publication on ThinkWell’s website or external sites
- Perform other responsibilities, such as planning meetings, coordinating schedules and travel, composing and preparing correspondence, and managing document sharing and knowledge capture;
- The incumbent will be expected to travel up to 25% of his/her time.
- University degree
- Experience of living and working in a low income, or low middle income, country highly desirable
- Experience of working with governments, donors and implementers
- Native or complete fluency in written English
- Native or complete fluency in French required
Skills and Competencies
- Effective coordination across multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines, effectively setting priorities and handling competing time and resource demands in a lightly structured environment. Proactive approaches to problem solving and strong analytical capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships in a challenging multicultural environment and within a virtual team; international experience strongly preferred
- Highly numerate, with strong data and analytic skills, including basic statistical knowledge. Strong proficiency in Excel and Stata a plus
- Familiar with supporting qualitative research processes.
- Experience conducting literature reviews and syntheses.
- Experience with primary healthcare programming, particularly family planning and/or MNCH.
- Strong and compelling writing, and strong presentation skills to diverse, global audiences
- A combination of humility and confidence, open to and empowered by critical feedback
- Willingness to travel essential, including to low income countries and fragile states
- Drive to challenge conventional wisdom
How to apply:
Please apply at: https://jobs-thinkwell.icims.com/jobs/1129/analyst%2c-strategic-purchasing-for-primary-health-care/job