Organization: International Service for Human Rights
Closing date: 03 Aug 2018
The International Service for Human Rights (ISHR), Geneva office is offering an internship with the communications team.
The preferred starting date for the internship would be Monday 3 September 2018.
ISHR is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, etc.
This internship with ISHR offers a unique opportunity for communications students to be involved in and learn about the communications activities of a leading international human rights non-governmental organisation.
The intern will be based at ISHR’s Geneva office and will receive exposure to the international human rights non-governmental community.
To develop the NGO experience of a visual communications student.
The intern will:
· Apply their skills, knowledge and experience in the area of visual communications
· Acquire experience working for an international human rights NGO
· Broaden their professional competencies
The communications team is now offering an internship in which the incumbent will apply and develop a range of visual communications skills through practical exposure to the daily activities of a human rights NGO.
Responsibilities and duties may include:
· Video production, editing, posting
· Event photography, photo editing and publishing
· Website maintenance
· Drafting, editing, publishing online articles on human rights issues
· Production of publications and marketing materials
· Graphic design
· Event planning, coordination and management
· 10-15% of administrative tasks
The applicant will also be required to perform the following:
· Database management
· Administration support to the communications team
· Translation and proofreading (if applicable)
The ideal applicant
To be considered, applicants should be undertaking studies in the field of communication, marketing, graphic design or similar, or have recently completed such studies. They should also possess:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (professional level fluency). French and/or Spanish are an advantage.
· Excellent IT skills including a good command of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
· Good command of InDesign and Photoshop
· Interest in social media
· Excellent social skills and ability to multi-task
· Desire to acquire experience working in a multicultural environment and interest in the work of a human rights NGO
· Full or part-time availability for a period of two to three months
· Swiss or EU citizen/Permit B or C
ISHR welcomes applications from candidates without any or with limited work experience.
This is an unpaid internship. Travel costs, travel arrangements and accommodation are the responsibility of the intern. ISHR covers the cost of the Geneva public transport card, and accident insurance. ISHR also offers a strong professional development and training plan. For more information, please visit our website: www.ishr.ch/internships
How to apply:
Applicants should submit the following by email to email@example.com:
· A cover letter including ideal internship duration and possible start date
· A current CV
· A sample of communications work is also welcomed (graphic design, writing, photography, short video, …)
IMPORTANT:Your email subject should be “GENEVA Visual Communication Internship”. If you use a different subject line, your application may not be considered.
The deadline for application is Friday 3 August 2018, 23:59 pm, Geneva time. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews are expected to take place between 7 and 10 August 2018.