Closing date: 16 Jul 2018
Develop Medair’s presence in the German-speaking part of Switzerland by raising funds and increasing visibility.
Develop strategies and creative initiatives to build Medair’s brand and attract new supporters. Develop a strong network of supporters, particularly focusing on existing and prospective private major donors to deliver on demanding income targets, generate prayer support.
Medair Zurich, Switzerland
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
June 2018. Full time, open-ended contract
Key Activity Areas
Creative communication and fundraising
- Develop new initiatives and products to increase brand visibility and build engaging experience to grow the donor database.
- Project management: create, develop and implement fundraising projects and ideas.
- Find new and attractive locations, partners & concepts to implement events and when necessary support with planning and organisation of Medair events.
Relationship fundraising with private donors and communities
- Maintain and develop existing contacts to build positive and sustainable relationships.
- Face to face meetings, use existing and new products, events.
- Networking in secular audiences and Christian communities.
- Nurture existing church relationships and acquire new ones.
- Thank you management.
Increase brand awareness to general public
- Recognise trends and opportunities in the Swiss German market.
- Seek out new channels and audiences to promote Medair.
- Position Medair effectively using its comparative advantages and unique selling propositions (USP).
Acquiring new prospects in order to maintain a robust pipeline of relationships
- Introduce Medair to the public to attract new donors, influencers and ambassadors.
Recruitment activities field / HQ staff
- Promote open vacancies to the Christian community.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of German (spoken and written). Good understanding of Swiss German
- Working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- Demonstrable professional success in the area of fundraising / communication / sales
- Private or public sector experience in Switzerland.
- Advanced user of MS Office.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Networking skills. Sense for inspiring communication and current trends.
- Close to the market, ability to identify potential of audiences.
- Goal and performance oriented.
- Creative mind-set, open for new ideas, desire to stick out and be innovative.
- Pioneer and self-driven. People-oriented, strong interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
How to apply:
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Profiles sought for International Headquarters staff.
- Benefits Package provided for International Headquarters staff.
Then to apply, go to http://relief.medair.org/en/jobs/positions/development-officer-ch-zh-1/ then:
a) apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
b) apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed. Medair does not set closing / deadline dates for applications; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.