Organization: International Committee of the Red Cross
Closing date: 15 Apr 2018
Reports to (role)
Reports to Health Care in detention program coordinator.
The postholder will work in the field of health care in detention.
ICRC health care in detention activities and projects are currently implemented in several countries in coordination with other detention team members. Activities are broad: monitoring access to health care, support primary health care, support to hospital care, treatment of malnutrition, control of tuberculosis, response to emergencies, psychiatric care, strengthening prison health system, strengthening medical ethics and capacity building.
The post holder will be mainly helping in updating an online course – detention doctor, human rights and ethical dilemmas- do literature review on several topics, link them with the health care in detention data base and contribute to the new guidance and guidelines.
Accountabilities & Functional responsibilities
- Participates in updating an online course – detention doctor, human rights and ethical dilemmas
- Reviews literature on several topics such as sexual violence in prison, hunger strike, indicators for political commitment, mental health and drug users in prisons.
- Contributes to the new guidelines and guidance documents.
- When needed, supports to any operations, training, workshop, seminars.
Certifications / Education required
- Currently studying in the field of documentary information management, law or health;
- Or holder of an university degree related to documentary information management, health or law.
- Maximum one year work experience (2 years if it is supplemented with traineeships).
Desired profile and skills
- Organized, creative and result oriented.
- Team player, open-minded and flexible.
- Very good command of computer tools (Windows 8, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.).
- Good English verbal and written communication skills. French an asset.
- Strong interest in health and human rights.
- Previous experience in detention work.
- Previous experience within the International Red Cross and Red Cross Movement.
- Previous International humanitarian and/or development experience in low or middle income countries (NGO’s, IO or charity organization).
- Location: Geneva
- Length of assignment : 4 months
- Working rate: 100%
- Starting date: 03/09/2018
- Application deadline: 15/04/2018
How to apply:
To apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/2GhVWpz