Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 31 Jan 2018
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Resources Management Assistant (DRM Emergency Support)
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, One year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 31 January 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall guidance of the Director, Department of Resources Management and direct supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer and in close coordination with the Resources Management Officer, the successful candidate will support the DRM Emergency Support Unit in managing the administrative, budgetary, financial and human resources functions for the emergency operations, Headquarters (HQs) based project/programme activities in response to Level 3 Emergency crisis.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant experience; or,
• Completed High school / Secondary school education with six years of relevant experience.
• Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in administrative and finance functions and programme activities;
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills;
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in spreadsheet and database applications;
• Sound knowledge of IOM’s administrative, budgetary, financial, and business rules and practices;
• Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all personnel-related information by implementing control procedures in line with IOM standards of conduct and data protection rules;
• Proficiency in Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, Internet Explorer, Web based applications; and,
• Knowledge of Costing of Travel Arrangement and computerized Travel Reservation System is highly desirable.
Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of Spanish is an advantage.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only qualified candidates residing in
Switzerland and holding a valid residence/ working permit will be considered.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 31 January 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 18.01.2018 to 31.01.2018
Requisition: VN 2018 / 01 (GS)-ResourcesManagementAsstant(DRMEmrgncySprt)(G6)-Geneva,Switzerland (55320750) Released
Posting: Posting NC55320756 (55320756) Released