Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 24 Jan 2018
Position Title : Head, Corporate Mobile Solutions
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 24 January 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
As part of IOM digital transformation and to ensure Migrants have easy access to secure, pertinent and comprehensive information using their mobile devices, ICT is establishing a mobile development platform to create systems of engagement for beneficiaries and the IOM staff. The platform will allow the organization to leverage on the fast growth of mobile technology to deliver products and services for staff and people on the move.
Under the direct supervision of IOM’s Chief Information Officer, and in close collaboration with representatives from relevant divisions at IOM Headquarters, Regional Offices and Country Offices, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall development and management of IOM Mobile development platforms and projects for internal and external applications (apps).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
• Eight years of professional experience;
• Knowledge of IOM and the global migration context;
• Strong technical understanding of cloud technology and services, security, and mobile technologies;
• Demonstrated experience with project development and liaison with private sector stakeholders, UN agencies and international cooperating partners;
• Demonstrated experience in project coordination and management;
• Strong management, leadership and facilitation skills;
• High level of competent in use of computer resources.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by 24 January 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 11.01.2018 to 24.01.2018
Requisition: VN 2018/14 (P) – Head, Corporate Mobile Solutions (P4) – Geneva, Switzerland (55312116) Released
Posting: Posting NC55312161 (55312161) Released