Organization: IMPACT Initiatives
Closing date: 02 Feb 2018
IMPACT / REACH
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian think tank, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative, which was created in 2010 to facilitate the development of information tools and products that enhance the capacity of aid actors to make evidence-based decisions in emergency, recovery and development contexts. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in research design; data collection, management and analysis; GIS and remote-sensing. For more information visit: www.impact-initiatives.org and www.reach-initiative.org.
We are currently looking for a Research Design Intern to join the IMPACT Initiatives team in Geneva, Switzerland.
Position: Research Design Intern**
Supervisor: Senior Research Design Officer Duration: 6 months Start date: ASAP
Location: Geneva, Switzerland Remuneration: 1050 CHF/month
The Research Design Intern will be part of the IMPACT Research department, under the supervision of the Senior Research Design Officer. Based on these terms of reference and initial briefings, the selected candidate will develop upon the start of the internship a work-plan, which will be reviewed at regular intervals during the internship period and will serve as a basis for evaluation upon completion of the internship.
- The Research Design Intern shall:
- Support with the review of research design materials and tools.
- Support with the development of research design materials and tools.
- Support with tracking of documents and tools.
- Gather and collate indicators.
- Collate and analyse datasets.
- Participate in and contribute to meetings.
- Ensure accurate filing of program and research documents
- Liaise with field teams and other HQ departments to facilitate close coordination and information sharing.
- Provide other support to IMPACT / REACH Research Cycles as directed.
- Good academic qualifications, preferably a Master degree in relevant discipline (International Relations, Political Sciences, Social Research, Economics, Anthropology, Assessment, Monitoring & Evaluation or similar)
- Fluency in both oral and written English and French
- Good working knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality work
- Openness to feedback and willingness to learn.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work in a fast paced, results oriented working environment.
- Ability to work independently, with initiative, and strong capacity to work in intercultural team
- Familiarity with the humanitarian aid system
- Experience in assessments, monitoring & evaluations, especially in field research settings in an international context
- Experience with qualitative analysis, including relevant softwares such as NVivo, Atlas_ti, or similar.
- Experience with quantitative analysis, including relevant softwares such as SPSS, R, STATA or similar.
- Experience with mobile data collection platforms, including xls coding.
- Experience with programs under Adobe Creative Suite package (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
How to apply:
Please send, in English, your cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, and three references to: email@example.com
Please indicate the below reference in the subject line of your email.
REF: 17/GEN/RESEARCH DESIGNI NTERN
For more information, visit us at http://www.impact-initiatives.org