Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 08 Jan 2018
Position Title : Return and Reintegration Officer
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 08 January 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Head of the Migrant Assistance Division (MAD) and the direct supervision of the Senior Specialist on Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support for the development, and implementation of IOM’s return and reintegration activities and services falling under MAD’s responsibility at the global level. This will entail the provision of strong leadership in needs assessment and strategic planning functions in support to regional and field offices in the field on return and reintegration.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in International Administration/Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Keen understanding of IOM’s role in assisted voluntary return and reintegration, including suite of comprehensive pre-departure and post-arrival processes;
• Experience in complex programme development and implementation experience on return and/or reintegration, including budget management, monitoring and evaluation;
• Strong communication, research and writing skills;
• Professional experience with a UN agency, or an international organization, with preference in developing countries;
• Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with donors, and with internal and external counterparts, both at the national and international level;
• Ability to interpret new and multifaceted information/data, identify issues, analyse problems and propose solutions.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and Spanish is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. l
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 08 January 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 26.12.2017 to 08.01.2018
Requisition: VN 2017/274 (P)- Return and Reintegration Officer (P3) – Geneva, Switzerland (55295599) Released
Posting: Posting NC55295608 (55295608) Released